Storage cabinet finished

» Another fine cabinet - great work Kjell! :clap:

I must be out of the loop of 'lets create some kick arse humidors from old furniture this week'

great work mate!!!! very envious of the time and skill you have invested in these beauties!

I just looked through the gallery, and that humidification ventilation system is a really awesome idea. How consistent is it from top to bottom? 4lbs of beads work fine instead of an active humidifier (Oasis, etc)?

For those who haven't seen the gallery and his humidification system, go check it out! You won't be disappointed.

I think I saw a similar idea in a commersial cabinet a year ago somewhere on the net. Anyone recognize it? I can't find the place myself.:-|

I've been running the cabinet fully stocked for a month and so far the difference between top and bottom is one percent RH, higher in the bottom shelf. The adjustable fans have run at their lowest setting. It's been rock-steady at 65-66 % until a couple of days ago when I took out the long term storage stuff. Right now it's fighting to get below 68 % and I'm not helping things by going in and out getting smokes! Ambient humidity is close to 90 %! :surprised:

Claudius, the bars are just for supporting the shelves. The load became quite heavy when I had it fully stocked and I didn't care to have sagging shelves...:-D

» I think I saw a similar idea in a commersial cabinet a year ago somewhere

» on the net. Anyone recognize it? I can't find the place myself.:-|

»

» I've been running the cabinet fully stocked for a month and so far the

» difference between top and bottom is one percent RH, higher in the bottom

» shelf. The adjustable fans have run at their lowest setting. It's been

» rock-steady at 65-66 % until a couple of days ago when I took out the long

» term storage stuff. Right now it's fighting to get below 68 % and I'm not

» helping things by going in and out getting smokes! Ambient humidity is

» close to 90 %! :surprised:

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

» Claudius, the bars are just for supporting the shelves.

Why have you got one on the top shelf, then? :-D

» » Claudius, the bars are just for supporting the shelves.

»

» Why have you got one on the top shelf, then? :-D

Hehe, couldn't figure that one out, huh?:-D :-D :-D

It's just that none of the bars are fastened - they are staying in position because they are fitting tightly between the shelves...without the top bar they wouldn't!

• 1 year later...

I found an old book cabinet in the barn of my former house but i never got around to restoring it until now. It's been used for air gun target practise by someone and I actually had to dig out bullets out of the woodwork! :-D

My needs were clear - storage space! I have another converted cabinet for long term storage but it was getting severely cramped in there. Anyway, this is how it turned out, couple of coats of varnish later...

image3514.jpg

I have some more pics of the process at:

http://homepage.mac.com/kjellfrick/cigar/PhotoAlbum11.html

Cheers