What's on your typical grill/BBQ menu?

reg

What do you guys cook on the grill/for bbqs, taking a step up from hamburgers and hot dogs? I know bbq is technically a specific term, but consider it meaning an outdoor gathering or what have you.

Recently we've tried cajun chicken sandwiches and buffalo turkey burgers, both were tasty. Bacon wrapped sausage with bbq sauce, good as well.

What hidden gems do you guys come up with? I know some of you guys are pro, so hopefully nothing I'll need a smoker for. I don't have one unfortunately

I don't cook burgers or dogs, but chicken / steak / pork in one form or another are weekly staples. I've cooked turkey, leg of lamb, assorted

seafood, veggies, etc on the grill - direct or indirect as is called for. I've a weber charcoal kettle which I use for all the afore mentioned, and

it works fairly well as a basic smoker.

I usually grill kebabs. Marinated chunks of meat: beef, pork, chicken or lamb. Skewered and grilled. Accompanied by skewered and grilled veggies: tomato, onion, peppers. Favorite marinades are Greek, Lebanese, Syrian and Turkish in origin. You can find great marinade recipes online. Typically involve olive oil, lemon, milk, onion, garlic, tomato, herbs and spices. Ingredients not difficult to find, easy prep and cook. Favorite accompaniment is chilled yogurt, dill, cucumber and garlic dip or a homemade hummus. A side of rice and pita bread and you've got a complete meal.

Olives are great as appetizer. My favorite are Kalamata, but there are dozens of varieties.

This meal goes great with chilled beer or wine.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cheyenn...cipe/index.html

made this with beef instead of turkey. one of the best burgers i've ever had. rivals just about any burger out there, aside from some of the black-label blends.

the regular store bought bacon in the oven was delicious, the onion rings were probably the best i've ever had. bought some bbq sauce to save some time and it worked great.

Where I live in the Southeastern U.S., BBQ or Barbecue is a noun and it means one thing: Slow cooked pulled pork. That is what I love to cook more than anything. I do, however, grill Ribs, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chickens, and just about anything else. Nothing makes me happier than sitting over a pit all day or all night with a cigar and a good drink. I have actually never tried to cook Brisket and that is something that I want to remedy very soon. Maybe this weekend. Does anyone have any good tips for it?

I don't cook burgers or dogs, but chicken / steak / pork in one form or another are weekly staples. I've cooked turkey, leg of lamb, assorted

seafood, veggies, etc on the grill - direct or indirect as is called for. I've a weber charcoal kettle which I use for all the afore mentioned, and

it works fairly well as a basic smoker.

Check out smokenator 1000 .com great kit to make a weber a real good smoker i have one its great.. 50 bucks usd...

Barbequeing is one of my favorite things to do. Smoke a stogie, have a brew; ain't too many things I rather do.

Things we usually cook are marinated steaks, chicken, ribs; those are the usuals. Sometimes we get one of those big pork loins, have them cut it in 1 inch steaks, marinate it in a lil Lea Perrins, and throw them on the grill. All over a bed of onions and mushrooms.

Sometimes when we grill, my mother n law would take some fresh jalopenos, cut them in half (long ways), take out the seeds. Then in each half, where the seeds were, fill with some sort of cheese she uses, and then wrap that in some bacon. Fresh jalopeno poppers. Those are great on the grill. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

The secret to Brisket is to smoke it slow and low, until the internal temp of 195 degrees. At that temp, most of the connective tissues have begun to break down. Much over 200 degrees and it will fall apart while you are trying to slice it.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

• 1 month later...

Every 3-4 months we gather up some friends and go out for a BBQ.

We always do boneless chicken with my own recipe, we also do ribs and Rib-eye steaks also my recipes :flower:

I am planing on building a smoker soon so if it worked I'll send you the schematics :thumbsup:

Grill On

AlKemawy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pulled pork is my favourite for sure. Also love doing Pork side ribs because they're meatier than the back ribs. I've had a love hate relationship with brisket, but I think I have my technique pretty much down and the last brisket I did was the best one I've ever made for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
;) Looks delicious! You got some nice colour on it. I like to use the gas grille sometimes too for roasting because its easier to regulate and keep a constant temperature, but I sometimes battle with moisture issues. Like I think you said, if there's loads of time to spend roasting, its tough to beat the old-fashioned webber. Thanks for sharing those photos.

I've been doing alot of roasts of different kinds lately. Slow cooking or smoking on either the gas grill or the Weber kettle. Pork Shoulders, Top Roasts, Rump Roasts, Pork bellys and this weekend a Blade Roast which i first brined for 18 hours before bbq-ing for 2.5hrs at 130-135 C. This time I used the gas grill, indirect heat with hickory chips in the smoker box. Turned out really juicy and nice. The more time I have the slower I cook the meat and use smoke chips for taste.

166307_1765879511908_1386759736_1859993_2411931_n.jpg

156750_1765879111898_1386759736_1859991_8303966_n.jpg

Didn't notice this ugly fat rind until i cut the meat. Still tasted good though.

I'm suddenly mouth watering hungry...wonder why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This post made me really hungry. I mainly grill chicken quarters more then burgs and dogs. I have really enjoyed experminting with making my own bbq sauce and sauce mixtures. Usually a italian dressing base with spices, bbq sauce and hot sauce. I have tried hot wings once but will test that out again tomorrow.

cody