Tiny white bugs on my cigars!

Just received a new box of punchs and when I opened the box I noticed tiny tiny little white dots moving around. Would have to guess its wood mites but not sure. Smokes look fine no holes. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

I would immediately put all the cigars including the box in my freezer for a couple days, then pop them into the fridge for a few days as they thaw out. Inspect them again before placing them into a tupperdor. Monitor them for a month or two before introducing them into your humidor. From the sounds of it, these are only wood mites, but you don't want them in your humidor.

*Can you return it and get your money back or a fresh box? When havanas are ready to be shipped, it's customary for the tobacconists to open the box and insure freshness and freedom from any little goobers running around in there.

I just tossed it in the freezer, thanks for the help. Looks to be wood mites from what I have seen on the web. Was at my local cigar store and asked the guy and he had never heard of mites before. Guess after they thaw i'll keep them separate from my stash for awhile as someone suggested.

I have split cigars by throwing them in the freezer without refrigerating them first.

I refrigidate for 24 -48 hours and then freeze them for 48 72 hours. I have a freezer that gets as low as -12 F....so I start off at -4 F and step it down a day at a time.

local guy never heard of mites? always scares me to hear things like this. sort of like when I was at the local JR cigar and the woman behind the accessories counter didn't know what beads were

and I thought that I've read that you put them straight in the freezer and fridge only after to bring them back to room temperature slowly. or was it fridge only before? I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong on both

Just received a new box of punchs and when I opened the box I noticed tiny tiny little white dots moving around. Would have to guess its wood mites but not sure. Smokes look fine no holes. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Here's a great link from a past posting.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...31&hl=mites

Great, thanks for the help guys! Yeah I was surprised also when the cigar shop owner (who has been in business a long time) never heard of mites. Though he did say he had guys coming in that had Cuban cigars shipped to them, that beetles had destroyed there cigars, lol he knows I won't buy his swang cigars so sure he was trying to stick it too me!