Top End trip

FlyingFossil

Well a friend rang me and asked if I wanted to go fishing to the NT again

I thought about it for a whole of 2 seconds and said yes

I figured it’s easier to ask for forgiveness from the wife than permission

So after a few phone calls and some wheeling and dealing I was set...

Then I had to break the news to the wife that I was going fishing for a week to the NT...

well all I can say is she took it very well didn’t even bat an eyelid and started to make arrangements to go shoe shopping in Sydney :no:

Oh well I guess it’s a fair trade...

Not much to tell about the NT experience, except that as usual its bloody great and bloody hot .. Thank god for cold beers :D

First day we did the creeks as they were flushing out so the Barra sat out in the mouths of the rivers and just ambushed everything

(Not even my bad casting was missing a fish)

After a few hours and a lot of barra we decided to go a little inland for some big fellas.

They did not disappoint some big fish were caught and we finished the day about 5 pm headed to the mother ship for a bite and drinks and some bragging about the days fishing

The next day it was Jew fish time and as you can see they did not disappoint at all.

We did an early morning session and a evening one some bloody big fish that made us work hard for them ..

It was hot and we did have to drink some beer to keep fluids up

Well the next few days after pretty much the same thing early raise have brekky and off to go fishing

post-6116-1274854197.jpg

post-6116-1274854212.jpg

post-6116-1274854265.jpg

post-6116-1274854285.jpg

post-6116-1274854315.jpg

Those are some very impressive catches. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

I will post some other pics from the trip of my mates and their catches ..they dont smoke cigars but I still associate with them :covereyes:

I will post some other pics from the trip of my mates and their catches ..they dont smoke cigars but I still associate with them :covereyes:

Heresy...

The Barra is on my list of fish. Down here we have theh Snook which could be related.

Also there is one lake in Florida that they imported the Barra. I have not fish it because the cost is $600 per hour.

Nice photos: