Verdadero Organic Robusto.

Hi,

As others have reviewed most of the Cubans that I smoke,I thought I'd do a lesser known Nicaraguan.

img6606x.jpg

This is the only organic cigar I know of.

Technically,only the Nicaraguan filler is organic,with a Sumatra binder,and an Ecuadorian wrapper.

Construction is excellent,with a seemless wrapper,and a good cap.

If anything,it seems a little tight.

img6607s.jpg

look out for the fox in the background....

After cutting,the draw is perfect,with a really sweet tasting wrapper,and a sweet tabacco aroma.

the first third has a really raisiny flavour,with alot of cream,and is mild to medium.

Slow burn,that burns even,with a good draw.

img6609.jpg

middle third,gets a little stronger still with loads of cream and raisin,and a little vanilla.

still burning well,ash refuses to fall into my keyboard,

Final third,more taste of tobacco comes through,still with cream,and a little spice.

img6610sx.jpg

This was a lovely,well made cigar,that burned well,without racing to the end.

Mild to medium,with a nice sweet taste.

Better made than several Cubans I have had recently.

A very individual cigar,with a raisiny flavour I haven't tasted before.

Kevin. Don't think the photos worked,techno fool,sorry!

Thank you for the review :P

Do you think that the sweetness was natural or a result of spraying the fermenting tobacco with a rum, sugar, water mist? There is nothing wrong with this at all (I have had some excellent NC cigars which use this method) but would you pick it as natural or for use of a better word, infused.

Hi,

As others have reviewed most of the Cubans that I smoke,I thought I'd do a lesser known Nicaraguan.

This is the only organic cigar I know of.

Technically,only the Nicaraguan filler is organic,with a Sumatra binder,and an Ecuadorian wrapper.

Construction is excellent,with a seemless wrapper,and a good cap.

If anything,it seems a little tight.

After cutting,the draw is perfect,with a really sweet tasting wrapper,and a sweet tabacco aroma.

the first third has a really raisiny flavour,with alot of cream,and is mild to medium.

Slow burn,that burns even,with a good draw.

middle third,gets a little stronger still with loads of cream and raisin,and a little vanilla.

still burning well,ash refuses to fall into my keyboard,

Final third,more taste of tobacco comes through,still with cream,and a little spice.

This was a lovely,well made cigar,that burned well,without racing to the end.

Mild to medium,with a nice sweet taste.

Better made than several Cubans I have had recently.

A very individual cigar,with a raisiny flavour I haven't tasted before.

Kevin. Don't think the photos worked,techno fool,sorry!

The thought occurred to me.

It may well be that the filler is all organic wrapped in the most chemically altered wrapper you have ever seen!

As`a guess I would say the wrapper sweetness may be due to this,but the raisin flavour is i think due entirely to the filler.

Yeah! Sweetness original but it’s one of those marketing ploys that really works - organic, tripple fermentation etc.

Like says producer - ''plush leaf combines an entirely organic mixture of rare Nicaraguan long-fillers grown in Granada on a proprietary farm at the base of the Mambacho volcano. These tobaccos have been triple-fermented and patiently aged, to truly promote this uniquely earthy and robust, yet smooth, creamy volume of flavor".

It's good, but I'd like another. Today I'll smoking VR Don Alejandro... RIP to godfather...