It's simple? You don't have to think or even think about thinking.

And as they're "stock cars", you can imagine racing your Camry on the track with them!

If it's a Camry, does that entail having the 'token' tissue box on the back parcel shelf!? :D

I think to really appreciate it your name has to be something like Billy Bob.

You need to wear a hat with a logo from tractor manufacturer and drink loads of Bud.

Shake and bake.

Shake and bake.

Its not about the cars, its a test of physical endurance

I drive hundreds of kilometers to work everyday, more if I have meetings, I need to find all sorts of way to stay awake

have you ever seen a nascar driver light up a stick of Marlboro, grab a bite of their favorite snacks, blasts heavy metal music or call up their friend to chat? Its like hiring someone and make them do nothing but sit at their desk for 10 hours, its torture.

its also a good alternative to sleeping pills

I'm not much of a racing fan, but my brother -in-law and nephew are. They are into F1, but do watch some NASCAR from time to time. With F1 it seems to be a lot about the technology behind the car. NASCAR is stock, so it seems like people would be on more equal footing. In those instances wouldn't the skill of the driver matter more? I don't portend ot know what I am talking about here, so please anyone who knows anything...please feel free to step in and correct me. Honestly, about the closest thing to auto racing I've seen in its entirety is Talladega Nights.

I actually won a trip to the Daytona 500 a few years ago. I'm not a fan and never had been but you go to an event like this and you start to see what the attraction is. 250,000 people watching cars go by at 200 mph is kind of neat. Some people told me there that one I had gone to an even it would make a fan out of me. Well it didn't. I might watch occassionally now, but I also watch lost of other sports occassionally now.

The best part of the trip was hanging out at the Corona Cigar Bar in Orlando. Unfortunately other than the $12,000 per-embrgo CC, it was all NC but a neat place to hang out none the less.

I live in the southern USA and NASCAR is big around here. A local sports writer once wrote an article about this. He said he was 40 years old and never been to a NASCAR event, but was determined to experience it. He finally went to an event and wrote this; "I have never been to a sporting event with so many beer drinking, hell raising, tattooed fans and their HUSBANDS in his life" :buddies: I always liked this quote and use it on my NASCAR friends when possible!

John

In a world where oil prices continue to rise and wreck havoc on western economies....we have this ridiculous, wasteful "sport".

I am not a fan :buddies:

Lol, don't let that prius crawl too far up your shorts. :unsure:

I enjoy auto racing but find NASCAR to be a bit of bore. F1, Rally car, drag racing, now those are fun to watch..

never got into NASCAR... working for a Budweiser-sellin' distributor, I print out a lot of NASCAR schedules. What I keep hearing from people who go to the races most of the fun happens around the event rather than in the event. Mario Batali became a NASCAR fan just because of the tailgate food!

You eat and drink.... then the race starts... nothing happens... nothing happens... nothing happens.... CRASH.... nothing happens... nothing happens.... last laps.... some exciting moves.... over.

Now that I think of it... its kinda like soccer... er futbol.

I'm with Bart here -- I enjoy most all auto racing, including NASCAR, F1, and Indy car (and even the old Can-Am series back in the day). The attraction of oval racing for many is the the wheel-to-wheel racing and many lead changes, though too many accidents and yellow lights can slow it down too much.

(I might be a bit of a redneck/good ole boy to some, but I don't drink Bud or have any tats, and I even graduated high school...)

-Brian

Yeah. NASCAR is Greatful Dead for the 'country set.'

Bring ungodly amounts of Busch/Milwaukee's Best.

Put a load or three or Copenhagen/Skoal/Kodiac in yer mouth

Sunscreen. Forget it. Damn the safety barriers. Bring on the wreckage.

Who can pump gas the fastest? Always a fascinating sub-plot.

LEFT TURN<LEFT TURN<LEFT TURN<

Yellow flag.

My teeth feel kinda loose today.

DAMMIT. JEFF GORDON? P@SSY! DALE would sure show him a thing or three....