CLASH OF THE TITANS

MIKA27

CLASH OF THE TITANS - RE-MAKE

clash-of-the-titans-poster-4.jpg

I don't know about you all, but I watched this over the weekend and being a fan of the original COTT made in 1981, I had high hopes for this classic to be re-made with modern effects.

How disapointed I was.

The original script was in depth and so well written, the effects for that era were brilliant and in my opinion, still great to watch today.

The remade COTT sure comes up trumps with the 3D effects, visuals and sounds but the script is not only lacking, but it is everywhere and far too rushed if you ask me.

The original ran for approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes whereas the re-make is around 1 hour and 40 minutes.

It is certainly well worth watching the remake to see the Gigantic Kraken and Medussa (In all their glory) however the remainder of the movie, is a real let down. (Watch the DVD when its released)

The likes of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes (Normally brilliant actors) is a joke and in no way their own fault as the direction given for these acting greats is poor and they hardly have any real script to go by.

If you ask me, the original is far better.

I was interested in seeing it until I heard not one good review for it, so I didn't bother. Furthermore the whole copying Avatars success with 3D obviously failed as apparently its woeful and wasn't even film with the proper equipment for that.

I agree, was excited to see the new movie. I loved the original, though the special effects where kinda lame at that time, so I was hoping with what is out there today that the movie could be amazing. Have to agreed the script was rushed and by the end I was very disappointed. The original is a classic the new one is a piece of crap.

• 2 months later...

As a painter and someone that messed with sculppture the original had such AWESOME stop animation to it. I love movies that have that syle of effects, especially with stop motion clay models.

Same with original star wars....MODELS built for the space battles, looked much better than that cgi crap.

As a painter and someone that messed with sculppture the original had such AWESOME stop animation to it. I love movies that have that syle of effects, especially with stop motion clay models.

Same with original star wars....MODELS built for the space battles, looked much better than that cgi crap.

You would probably love the Jason and the Arganaughts series of films then bud?

Love the stop motion Skeleton army scene. :)

Ray Harryhausen was a genius in stop animation! Would love to hear what he thinks about the remake.

It is a shame that he never won or was ever nominated for an Oscar for his work.

Lol you know it! Love it1

You would probably love the Jason and the Arganaughts series of films then bud?

Love the stop motion Skeleton army scene. :)

• 6 months later...

Watched it last night while I was running on the treadmill. While the CGI is fantastic, I think it falls shorts of the original, even though the original was much more campy. They tried to squeeze too much movie into to short a timeframe in the reboot.