Petit Corona Survey Results!

Thanks for all who participated. I had 37 people vote with information I could use. I'm not sure if there is anything shocking or suprising about these results.

There are different types of scoring systems one can use for this type of thing. I used a system that gave one point for a 1st vote, 2/3 a point for a 2nd vote and 1/3 vote for 3rd.

Bolivar Petit Corona 17.7

Por Larranga Petit Corona 15.3

Montecristo No. 4 10.0

Cohiba Siglo II 8.7

Diplomaticos No. 4 7.7

Punch Royal Selection No. 12 3.3

H. Upmann Petit Corona 2.7

Punch del Punch Petit Corona 2.0

Juan Lopez Petit Corona 1.7

Romeo y Juliette Petit Corona 1.3

Bolivar Tubos No. 2 1.0

Trinidad Reyes 0.7

Partagas Mille Fleurs 0.7

Hoyo du Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Prin 0.3

For me this tells me a few things that I already knew and confirmed what I wanted to know.

Bolivar Petit Corona are probably the best Petit Corona out there.

Monte 4 would be better if ther were more consistant.

Por Larranga are next on my list to try.

Nobody else likes RyJ Petit Coronas ;)

Let me know if anyone else wants more info from the results.

G

Thanks for doing this, very informative! ;)

Boli PC's are awesome. I've had good experiences with PC's in general! :ok:

I too like RyJ PC's if that make you feel better. In fact, today I suggested to a mate he make that his first box purchase for a good c&c

Not a fan of RyJ PCs, but the TPCs are nice. No votes for SLR PCs either. Used to be one of my favorites, but something changed in the early 2000s. Not as much flavor as the older ones.

While I missed the survey due to my absence and recent "funk" I might add, for those of you who do not remember both the Partagas PC and the RAPC, that they would have been competition for the top 4. While I have and smoke both the Bolivar and the PLPC there have been vintages where the top spots could have easily been filled by the others I mentioned.

The RGPC also deserves honorable mention. I have smoked RGPC that have easily eclipsed the more common, best in class, petit coronas. I am always in the market for a reasonably priced PC and the limited production and high quality of the Rafael Gonzalez makes that cigar a consistent favorite of mine.

Being a little down today, it may be a good day to open a new box of cigars. Hmmmm.... an RAPC is sounding pretty good right now! -Piggy

While I missed the survey due to my absence and recent "funk" I might add, for those of you who do not remember both the Partagas PC and the RAPC, that they would have been competition for the top 4. While I have and smoke both the Bolivar and the PLPC there have been vintages where the top spots could have easily been filled by the others I mentioned.

The RGPC also deserves honorable mention. I have smoked RGPC that have easily eclipsed the more common, best in class, petit coronas. I am always in the market for a reasonably priced PC and the limited production and high quality of the Rafael Gonzalez makes that cigar a consistent favorite of mine.

Being a little down today, it may be a good day to open a new box of cigars. Hmmmm.... an RAPC is sounding pretty good right now! -Piggy

I think a 98 ERDM Lons has your name on it......... :rolleyes: