Low passes in war planes

Fun stuff.

I have been buzzed by A-10 pilots a few times while hunting and rinding in the desert. Once I was caught so off guard while waking up a canyon I was absolutely terrified for several moments. One thing about an A-10... you can't even hear it coming. I remember being pissed off! Whether it was due to him flushing the covey I was hunting or just plain envy, I can't remember. Thanks for sharing. -P

Some pretty sick stuff there. Anybody who has seen the the Blue Angels "Sneak Pass" at 50 feet off the deck at ~ 700 MPH knows the feeling of exhilaration. Incredible. Personal favorite was an F-14 Tomcat demonstration put on by (retired) USN Captain Dale Snodgrass at Rentschler Field / Pratt & Whitney many years ago. Never seen anything like it in 20+ years of airshows. Although, a B-1B low pass was pretty intense, felt like an earthquake. Also when a local guy did a few low, full afterburner passes in his Tomcat on the way to an airshow over our town, lots of 911 calls. He got in hot water for that one. LOL

The British air force have a base near where I was brought up,so they use the area(the lovely lake district)as their training ground.(which ususally involves annoying farmers by frightening sheep and stuff),They use the red telephone boxes up in the hills as marker points.

Sometimes you can climb a fell,and look down to see the top of a plane as it flies the valley.

I was once painting a farm shed in the middle of nowhere,up a high ladder as a painted the evesa plane appears right over my head(without hearing it first),

And it was all I could do not to follow it and go backwards off the ladder......

Must be a buzz,flying one...

Fun stuff.

I have been buzzed by A-10 pilots a few times while hunting and rinding in the desert. Once I was caught so off guard while waking up a canyon I was absolutely terrified for several moments. One thing about an A-10... you can't even hear it coming. I remember being pissed off! Whether it was due to him flushing the covey I was hunting or just plain envy, I can't remember. Thanks for sharing. -P

Love the A-10... they were built at a plant where my uncle worked, not 40 km from our house. They did 2X2 commissioning runs from down over the mountain and you're right, never heard them coming. They're a fugly bird, but well conceived and well used.

I was on an Aegis class cruiser for a family day out of Norfolk, VA. Navy pilot in an F/A-18 did a fly by in a wing over low speed pass. You could see him waving from the cockpit to family and crew on the deck. He then turned and did a near mach pass. Amazing! ;)

Holy ****!! Anyone know what plane that was in 2? Nearly looked like a passenger jet ;)

No. 2 I am pretty sure is a radio controlled aircraft used for jet fuel tank/burn research. I am sure you can find the video that they shot when they actually crashed that thing, intentionally, into the test bed of tank traps that you see as they come in from the left. This must have been a practice run! -Piggy