Not-so-newbie

winelover

Hi guys, I've not logged in or contributed in quite some time but I am now back form the wilderness and pleased to see that the forum's been going from strength to strength. Also amused by the video reviews!

If anyone is in London, at some point it would be good to organise a smoke when time permits. I recently went to an excellent 'out-door' smoking lounge at 10 Manchester Street W1 which was absolutely superb.

Now working in Windsor and once the weather improves hope to enjoy a PLPC in the grounds of the castle. Likewise if anyone ever visits Windsor as a tourist, drop me a line.

Regards

G

welcome back.

a mate set off the alarms at balmoral once - we just happened to be in the area - so i think there might be 'to be shot on sight' posters at most royal residences.

fortunately in those days, things like that were sen as a bit of harmless fun.

welcome back.

a mate set off the alarms at balmoral once - we just happened to be in the area - so i think there might be 'to be shot on sight' posters at most royal residences.

fortunately in those days, things like that were sen as a bit of harmless fun.

Thanks Ken. There are fairly threatening signs around Windsor Castle these days warning that unauthorized entry is contrary to anti-terrorist legislation etc. All fairly austere stuff. Also there are plenty of plain clothes and royal protection officers cruising around (and doing sweet f.a.) in their Range Rovers not making any effort to blend in. It is fairly militarised too as there are two army barracks here and soldiers often do fitness training around the grounds. Otherwise a well-to-do Berkshire town which does actually have a B&M which I still haven't yet been to, to pick up a single (as I am still reeling from picking up a PSD4 for £17 in London :shead: )

Otherwise a well-to-do Berkshire town which does actually have a B&M which I still haven't yet been to, to pick up a single (as I am still reeling from picking up a PSD4 for £17 in London :o )

Welcome again, but that has got to hurt :@

Hi Graham,living in Kingston u Thames,sowe should meet when the sun finally appears.

That's not too far from me as I'm in Purley although I work in Windsor. Let's definately fix a date when the skies change colour. G

That's not too far from me as I'm in Purley although I work in Windsor. Let's definately fix a date when the skies change colour. G

:2thumbs: You could be waiting a while for the skies to change from what I remember from Britain! :cigar:

Welcome!