Ron Zacapa Centenario XO Solera Gran Reserva Especial

Jimmy2

Bought a few as price was to good to say no to !! 25 years to me much better than the 23 year old much smoother and a little less sweeter and thats the way i like it...Carmel,Honey and spice to name a few others their to but very balance has a nice lite warm feeling on the back end..Great stuff !!! :)

picture610.jpg

Awesome score Jimmy! I'm getting a couple of bottles in a few weeks, which I am very much looking forward to... I've had the 23 but so far never had the XO - you're review has me anticipating even more.

Funny, I have had both. I'm more of a Scotch guy but am trying to find some different aged Rums to try. I agree that the the 25 XO has more complexity but I find it too smooth and sweet. If I was drinking it blind I would not guessed it to be rum. I like the 23 Year old better becuase it still has the sweetness, molasses, vanilla tones to it with a slight burn going down. Doesn't hurt that is half the price of the 25 year old XO as well.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a couple of bottles the other day, and tried it last night with a SLR Regio. Had it neat and also had it with 1 ice cube(not sure which one I prefer) Definately smooth, vanilla, molasses, excellent finish, and great smell to it (bouquet I believe?). I really enjoyed it, goes perfect with a cigar, and not too sweet like the ports. I've actually switched from single malts to aged rums when smoking cigars, and I'm very satisfied with the xo.

Picked up a couple of bottles the other day, and tried it last night with a SLR Regio. Had it neat and also had it with 1 ice cube(not sure which one I prefer) Definately smooth, vanilla, molasses, excellent finish, and great smell to it (bouquet I believe?). I really enjoyed it, goes perfect with a cigar, and not too sweet like the ports. I've actually switched from single malts to aged rums when smoking cigars, and I'm very satisfied with the xo.

Ellery...I'm with you. I used to enjoy me cigars with a whiskey or single malt, but my tastes have now gravitated more towards a good rum when smoking a cigar. I still enjoy a good scotch every now and then, but rum is definitely where I find it to be at.

• 2 weeks later...