My Favorite Cheapie

Homebrew

The H.Upmann Coronas Major,

has got to be my favorite cheapie. An easy smoke to grab and throw in the shirt pocket when I head out the door. I have smoked 3 boxes over the last year, young. I have also added three boxes to my long term storage coolerdor.

Rich and creamy with a nice Nic Kick.

I reviewed one when I smoked my first one, and I have enjoyed most every one I have smoked.

A highly underrated, and often overlooked Gem.

Review of H.Upmann Coronas Major

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

So, with the introduction of the Behike, does this mean other Cohibas now fall into the "Cheap & Cheerful" category?

*Hah! Good one, jacksfull! :clap:

• 3 months later...

I enjoy Party Habaneros for a cheap smoke with little ageing required. RyJ Regalias de Londres are great fresh but seem to have a lonng sick period. And finally for ageing of 3 or 4 years Party PCEs and Upmann Regalias are very enjoyable sticks.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only smoked 1 Upmann Coronas Major and it was recomended from a cigar stor in Canada back in 2001. I found it to be okay but nothing that I needed to get a box of. But I would deffinatly give the recent ones another try. I have yet to be dissapointed in any of the recent (07-09) H. Upmanns I've smoked. And that goes for the C&C's. The Regalias and Majestics get a thumbs up from me right now.

I have really enjoyed '07 and '08 Coronas Majors, though I rarely smoke such young cigars.

Even when only a few months old, they have been great.

One reason for some dissatisfaction with C&C tubos is that they are usually shipped much too humid,

even to the point of some surface mould developing.

It would probably be best to remove them from their tubes after purchase,

check for mould and wipe down with a tissue if necessary,

let them stabilize to 65% humidity for a couple of weeks or so,

and then replace in their tubes (if there was no mould) for further storage.

• 5 months later...

*For my 2 cents, have any of you tried the Partagas Coronas Senior Tubos? I've recently had one and it just solidifies my opinion of cuban Partagas - a GREAT cigar in no matter what size.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...