A quick review H. Upmann Coronas Major (LSO ABR 08)

Homebrew

H. Upmann Coronas Major

LSO ABR 08

I actually Smoked one OTT, which is something I used to never do. All I can say is DAYUM!!!!

Awesome little smoke. Great construction, dark oily wrapper, and amazing flavor for such a young cigar.

First third

This stick was strong out of the gate with a medium body, perfect draw, great smoke

production, with a core creamy flavor, with hints of honey and a yet unidentified spice.

Very firm Dark grey and black ash, that must be forceibly removed at around 1 1/2"

Second Third

Still a perfect burn, the honey and cream flavors are getting stronger, and the body is

moving from medium to full.

Last third

WOW I am getting a nice little nic buzz. Burn is still great, and the honey flavor has

morphed into a lovely caramel flavor, but the spice has faded away somewhat. What this cigar lacks in complexity, it truly makes up for with the flavors it does produce.

All in all, I would rate this cigar a 4.6 on a 5 point scale. I don't see how this stick can

get much better, but I have stuck half the box into the long term storage cooler and the

other 11, into my ready to smoke humi.

Have a great week

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

A wondeful smoke for the money.

ROTT and with a little age they are great, however they can suffer from an extended sick period in which they are absolutely lifeless.

I can't wait for my '06's to come back to life (what a great year that was for Habanos!)

• 1 month later...

An often overlooked little stick in my opinion. I've found I really enjoy the flavors, and I've never run across one that was constructed poorly. Definately a great little back up stick for times where I don't know what tp smoke.