Cigarfest

A couple of my friends are die hard NC fans, and they are planning to head out to Cigarfest in PA. I was there last yr, and had a pretty good time. Just wondering if anyone else was headed out there.

I wish I was, but unfortunately can't this year. Seems like a good time, though the freebie cigars and discounts on NCs really don't do anything for me. It would be more a trip to hang out with BOTLs and meet new people who share my love of cigars. Hope you have a great time.

yeah, I'm pretty much going to hang out with fellow BOTLs and just have a good time. NCs aren't attractive as they use to be, but my friends are all about them. Don't really know what I'll do with all the cigars I get, but if anyone is going up there PM me and we could meet up.

yeah, I'm pretty much going to hang out with fellow BOTLs and just have a good time. NCs aren't attractive as they use to be, but my friends are all about them. Don't really know what I'll do with all the cigars I get, but if anyone is going up there PM me and we could meet up.

*All I do with my NC's is end up giving them all away. Speaking of CI, I ordered their Pinar 2000's due to great price deal on them. They look great but taste :wink2: So, here too will be great give aways. Sorry, Pinar 2000. For anyone unfamiliar w/that, it's "supposed" to have 60yr. old pre-embargo tobacco in it. Su-u-u-r-r-r-e-e-e.... :rolleyes:

Hey Ellery,

I have been to that Cigarfest the last (3) years, it is a good time hanging out with other cigar brothers, and a fun party weekend. This year however I didn't buy a ticket, and just figured I'd tag along w/my group that has traveled with me there over the years. But came to find out that none of them want to go over this year. Can't really blame them, the room costs over $500/wkend, 6.5 hour drive, sure the event entrance fee is only $100, but I like some of you have no use for the NC cigars, they just take up valuable space in my humi. The first two years we had got up early and went up to the parking lot of the hotel/Cigarfest bldg. and set up a tailgate site, canopy, chairs, table, grill, drinks, etc... Well at the 2008 Fest they started giving us a hard tine about the grill, "NO FLAMES" they said, we said sure there is a flame but its propane not gas. We're in a parking lot, we know how to use a grill, nothing is going to burn down. They made us put it out, but we just took the grill behind some huge bundles of insulation (when they were constructing the water park) and continued to cook. Then last year, as soon as we had the canopy set up security was there giving us the shake down, "NO CANOPY", "NO GRILLS", etc... What a pain in the ass, so we tried to plan something elsewhere with my group and a few others we had met over the years, but they all decided they wanted to go back one more year. Sorry to ramble, and ramble.... So in summation I'm currently on the fence, I have some friends from Massachusetts who said I could room with them. If I go, I'll let you know.