Heading to Huatulco, MX

I was in Huatulco during the summer of 05. It was not the busy season and the place was dead in the best way possible, like a resort town yet to be invaded by tourists. We had the hotel to ourselves, spent the days exploring and snorkeling the many bays and beaches around the area. I do not remember seeing any places selling cigars, I had brought my own from D.F. Puerto Angel is about a 20 minute cab ride away, its a very laid back scene there, plenty of other substances being smoked. Zipolite is a nice beach, just make sure you face away from the nude portion where all the wrinkled up old hippies hang out. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

I've been there once 10 years ago. Its very quiet. Being on the Pacific coast, the sand is very brown and the waves can be very high. We did take a catamaran trip to a nearby protected spot where there was excellent snorkeling and white sandy beaches. I would go again. I had a great time there, very relaxing. Don't know about the cigar situation out there. We stayed at what is now known as the Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort