Habanos in Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico

edameff

Hello,

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on a cruise in May this year and there are no Casa Del Habano shops Cozumel or Costa Maya, does anyone know of the best places to by Habanos in these areas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if you can get there while in Cozumel, but there is an LCDH listed in Playa del Carmen.

post-296-1266788584.jpg

Looks like it will be an adventure to get to Playa Del Carmen, so nothing on the Island of Cozumel itself that is legit huh? :rotfl:

I recall there is a ferry that goes back and forth between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen, although I never took it myself. I Googled and it looks like it's $20 round trip and 45 minutes each way. Have a great time both of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to have caught this thread so late.

I just returned from Playa del Carmen three weeks ago. You can take a ferry from Cozumel to PDC (45 minutes) and walk to the LCdH in about 30 minutes.

The LCdH in PDC is tiny. The "walk-in" humidor is similar to a sliding door closet and can only fit two people at a time. The humidifier was a block of florist's foam in a bucket of water. The prices were certainly on the high side. I wanted to buy a Siglo IV as a gift for a friend and they were selling for $320 MX, about $25 US. I'm sure bartering was a possibility but the sticks were on the fugly side so I passed. And the selection was very light with the shelves only 1/2 full with some of the boxes containg less than 10 sticks.

I'd say go to PDC and the LCdH if you've nothing better to do while docked in Cozumel. PDC is a great place to shop, eat, and people watch. I would recommend not making the trip just for the LCdH.

Let me know if you have any more questions.