Heartfelt Beads in Oasis XL Plus

ERJenkins

Hello everyone:

Anyone had any experience using beads in a Cigar Oasis?

I figure they would be better than the foam but thought I would consult the forum first - I am sure one of you guys has tried to improve on the great Chinese build quality...

Thanks in advance,

Eliot

Interesting...

So what function is the foam meant to serve? Just to hold in the water if you turn it upside down?

Suppose it will increase capacity a bit by taking out the foam - seems like a good idea unless there could be a problem with mould... is this not an issue?

Cheers,

Eliot

Interesting...

So what function is the foam meant to serve? Just to hold in the water if you turn it upside down?

Suppose it will increase capacity a bit by taking out the foam - seems like a good idea unless there could be a problem with mould... is this not an issue?

Cheers,

Eliot

If you turn the Oasis off or unplug for a time, mold will grow on the sponge in my findings

This eliminates that issue

Bart

This is probably what you dont want to hear but I have just replaced my Cigar Oasis with 65 beads - I was finding that the Oasis unit was over humidifying by a few percent and nothing seemed to work to bring it down - also the reading was off by 8%! and there does not seem to be any way to re-claibrate these units. I bough it on the basis that it would be a 'set and forget unit' but I just never had confidence that it was accurate...So now I have beads, 2 oust fans, 2 digital hygrometers and everything has been purring along - spot on 65% with no probs...The Oasis unit is still in there (without water/foam) acting as a glorified RH meter (less that 8% of course)....another bead convert....

I'm in accord. My Edgestar28 has 2+lbs of 65% beads; temp set at the warmest, (which works out to be ~61F) and its rather boring. Ha!

We'll see how it does in the North Carolina summers. It's been performing beautifully during the winter months.

I bought a cigar oasis with my first humidor and it constantly over humidified. I replaced it with 65% humidity beads and havent had a problem since.