Rob's video explaining box quality codes...

It's a little discouraging to know that when I send an email for a box of cigars I'm getting the picked through left overs. The only way to get a really good box is to pay a significant premium making the box one of the most expensive on the internet.

It's a little discouraging to know that when I send an email for a box of cigars I'm getting the picked through left overs. The only way to get a really good box is to pay a significant premium making the box one of the most expensive on the internet.

My friend, Rob does not sell crap cigars. Even the regular stuff that is not sold on the auctions is inspected for quality. I have never got a lousy box. And you are not being forced by anyone here to buy cigars that you have reservations about. JMOpeace.gif

All boxes sold by Czars are at a minimum PE quality. Boxes that don't make Rob's minimum standards are put back into normal distribution (ie other stores). For many (me included), the premium placed on the HQ and PSP boxes are more than worth it. Paying a bit extra for piece of mind, knowing that the cigars I bought are going to be the best quality, is better than paying less and taking pot luck.

You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for". You may buy 10 boxes at a cheaper price, and only get one outstanding box and 9 mediocre ones. Buying from Rob, I know that all 10 will be good quality. If I spend a little more, they will be even better.

Buy with confidence amigo and don't sweat the details, you won't be disappointed no matter what level you purchase. If you have the extra coin and want to splurge on a cigar that might be better than average, go with HQ or PSP. For me and my smoking habits, I'd rather spend a little more to have someone inspect and "grade" so that I hopefully have a better than average cigar.

All boxes sold by Czars are at a minimum PE quality. Boxes that don't make Rob's minimum standards are put back into normal distribution (ie other stores). For many (me included), the premium placed on the HQ and PSP boxes are more than worth it. Paying a bit extra for piece of mind, knowing that the cigars I bought are going to be the best quality, is better than paying less and taking pot luck.

You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for". You may buy 10 boxes at a cheaper price, and only get one outstanding box and 9 mediocre ones. Buying from Rob, I know that all 10 will be good quality. If I spend a little more, they will be even better.

Well put and fully agreed.

Who can argue about the slight price variance when you look at it that way? Or likewise, look at where Habanos are "allowed" (ie - Oz, U.K., Canada), but then to buy domestically you pay through the nose in taxes, making the cost three or four times the price that internet consumers pay?

It's a win-win, IMO.

As have been mentioned before, all boxes are inspected to be "at Least" PE quality.

The question to you is do you want something that is better than PE and pay for it.

I remember a conversation I had with Lisa long, long time ago.

She stated this in an even tone of voice, very slowly, very clearly and very bluntly - No one is forcing anyone to buy anything from Rob.

All I remember was I was very unnerved, sweating and freaked out at the end of that statement.

In hindsight, knowing Lisa, her background and stories, I now can laugh about it. But that is another story.

I buy from Rob because he has my trust. He makes sure I get the best customer service. He makes sure that I will not have any problems with my purchase. For that I am willing to pay more.

As Rob can attest, I don't buy as often as I used to or as he likes. But when I do, I want the best that I can afford.

Many members here also buy cigars from elsewhere.

It is a personal preference.

Didn't mean to open this can of worms. I just wanted to understand the grading system.

But why would anyone complain about the quality of the product and the service received here? I can't imagine why, based on my personal experience. I am free to make my choice as to whether to purchase product here and whether to pay up for a higher quality product. I love capitalism.

I also didn't mean to stir up a can of worms or sound ungrateful. Rob has my trust as well and I've done several purchases with him during my short time here. His customer service has been impeccable. I feel very confident dealing with him and know good cigars are on their way. Thank you all for your responses.

Are the boxes that one would get buying off C.U.N.T.I.N.T or the normal Czar website inspected? Could you end up with a PSP without paying the premium?

One would assume that as these boxes are coming from SW, HK, etc, then they would not be inspected to the same level as Rob would. Yes, you can potentially get a HQ or PSP quality box without the paying the premium. What are the chances? Slim, considering the number of boxes that Rob normally has to go through to find a HQ/PSP box, though the box of Monte GE that I got were quite good. Woouldn't call them HQ, but they were close.

Trust me I can make a mistake .....if one is to embrace their weaknesses then ocasional incompetence is a fellow traveller!

i always liked the saying...."only the mediocre are always at their best!"rotfl.gif

Simply, what I pick by hand in LFTH and LFTW should meet the required standard. Outside of that all stock is checked for quality before it goes out. I however cannot check every box personally.

There are plenty of examples of members e-mailing me saying they purchased a box from C.U.N.T.INT.com or drect e-mail and having received a PSP or HQ box. They are thrilled. If I haven't picked it and it has come up in regular rotation, opened by staff here (in OZ), then it is sent out as is as long as it meets the minimum standard.

now when buying blind through the net, and when shipping from SW or HK, checks for flaws are made but the entire range of stock is sent. PSP/HQ/PE and Average. Poor shouldn't make the cut. The stock represents the kaleidescope of Habanos quality. This is little different to any online vendor.

However, where I pick the stock for FOH members then I charge the premium. Some believe it is worthwhile, others do not and that is all ok with me ok.gif