Tennis

Hi Guys,

Has anybody seen the Brisbane tennis Finals ? We, as Belgians, are very proud to have those two girls back in the circuit.

An epic game yesterday, Clijsters against Henin, with a mom as the winner.

And even more memorable, the gesture of donating her prize money to a child hospital : :cowpoop:

And next to Kim and Justine, we have Yanina Wickmayer, who also won yesterday the Auckland tournament.

Congratulations girls !

Not a real big tennis fan, but I do have to say that Clijsters is an outstanding player. The fact that she took time off after being number 1 (I believe) to raise a family, and then having an amazing comeback...just superb

clisters very popular down here. she was the half of the hewitt-clisters match that people liked. always seem to act with dignity. and the money to charity has helped. henin never as popular. fantastic player but always seen as ready to blame so called injuries and others. may be unfair but that is the perception.

fair bit of interest here but all a lead up to the open in a week or so. that gets big attention and be interesting to see how clisters goes. she'll have a lot of support. i see henin already saying injury may prevent her playing.

any reason why belgium does so well with girls but not blokes?

clisters very popular down here. she was the half of the hewitt-clisters match that people liked. always seem to act with dignity. and the money to charity has helped. henin never as popular. fantastic player but always seen as ready to blame so called injuries and others. may be unfair but that is the perception.

fair bit of interest here but all a lead up to the open in a week or so. that gets big attention and be interesting to see how clisters goes. she'll have a lot of support. i see henin already saying injury may prevent her playing.

any reason why belgium does so well with girls but not blokes?

That is the same perception as we have, here in Belgium, Ken.

Kim Clijsters is always smiling, caring, in a good mood,... against Henin, who always WANTS to win, no matter what or how. For Justine , it's really purely business and result-driven.

I have no clue why we don't have top-men players at this moment... They are under the same umbrella regarding the tennis federation, use the same infrastructure. I just guess that we are lucky to have two/three talented players, and somewhere in time, maybe we will also have some blokes who can compete against the Nadals and the Federers of their time...

I'm looking forward to next week Australian Open !