My 2009 Cigar of the Year

After some thinking I decided to go with an 09 release and that is the Bolivar Especiales #2. I am not a fan of all the LE/RE that are flooding the market now and rarely do any catch my attention. This year, however, there were two that did. The RACF and the Boli #2. Both for their unique shape and fairly thin ring gauge. The nod goes to the Boli because it is bucking the current trend at HSA of short fat cigars. I've said it before, but when I head Mag 48 EL I got super excited as I expected something sizewise in between the Mag 46 and Mag 50. No such luck.

The Bolivar Especiales #2 is a unique size to Bolivar (in recent years) and the presentation and foil wrapped cigars will hopefully age gracefully and become fantastic down the road. HSA got this one right. Hope the success and early positive reviews will convince HSA to keep the lancero in mind and soon we will have a RA or PL lancero. Heck, even an EL lancero say Upmann or Partagas (since the SdC are out) would be great.

Good to hear. I picked up a few but have not tried one yet.

"Hope the success and early positive reviews will convince HSA to keep the lancero in mind and soon we will have a RA or PL lancero."

I'm already looking forward to the Por Larrañaga Dalias slated to be PCC's RE in 2010. Whoa! That's this year.