CA's Top 25 list

Interesting.......well that's why Cigars are so engaging - one man's trash is another man's treasure! Mine was picked up on the strong recommendation from a cigar store in Seattle. The guy couldn't shut up about it. It's very possible I got a lousy example. I've tried 2 of the Casa Magnas from last year and they are incredibly boring to me....while the LGC Artesanos de Miami Elegantes remains one of the finest cigars period I've ever smoked. The Epernay I had was definitely full, but lacked the richnessness, that yours had I suppose.

On a side note - anyone notice Rocky Patel Decades that seem to have a different and smaller band than when they first came out? I have examples of 2 Rocky Patel Decade Torpedos, one with a band that was originally advertised, and the other with a smaller, slightly darker band....and the latter smokes terribly compared to the former....and they are authentic, from legit stores.....so does anyone know if RP came out with a second edition of the Decade? If so......the 2nd edition was terrible IMO.

I had a conversation with Nish Patel about this. The Decade wrappers became slightly darker which prompted my question. They weren't smoking the same. They were saltier. Nish said the wrappers on the Decade were not what they ordered in the original released blend (to their surprise and disappointment) and shipments had stopped until they could get the original wrappers again. As for thr band, I don't know.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the 25 are out.....and there is only 3 Cubans total in the top 25. Aside from the Partagas P2 and the Cohiba Siglo V in the top 10, the Partagas Salomones also "cracks" the list at #17.

Pretty weak, CA.......pretty weak.

And I actually smoked #19, the Illusione Epernay Le Ferme, yesterday at lunch because I realized I need to start smoking through my NCs to make room for more CCs!

I found it not even close to a top 25 cigar. Leathery character, yes. I got a bit of honey sweetness, then it was just plain strong tobacco. A lack of smoothness highlighted the strength. I give it an 87.

Try the Epernay Le Elegance. It's easily my #2 smoke this year.

It has been some time for me on posting on this site. I been here for some time.

CA is a nice magazine, but in Miami we find it kind of funny. Also what they rate as top 10 is kind of a joke for us down here. Yes they listed some great cigars top ten no way....... When it comes to CA you have to think about the following who paying the bills....Cuban Cigars, or none Cuban cigars. Once you have thought about this you will understand the rating.

On the Pardon 45 it was a nice cigar, but a number one in my book.