Funny New Year's Story

I attended a small New Years party at a friend of mine's house. Around 10pm I pulled out a Padron 64 Diplimatico and fired it up on the back porch. One of my buddy's uncle comes out and starts telling everyone about his recent trip to the Dominican Republic. He proceeds to tell us how he bought "cuban" cigars and brought them back. He said he purchased over 150 of them and divided them amongst his family's bags on the way home. He said customs asked if they were to sell or personal consumption and he told him the latter and according to him they let him go, no more questions asked.

I decided to chime in on the story and ask a few questions.

1. What kind of "cuban" cigars did you get?

A - "I'm not sure. Just a bunch of different sizes."

2. Where did you buy them from?

A - "Right outside the resort there was a guy with a cigar stand where everyone from the resort was buying from."

3. Were they any good?

A - "They're cubans, of course they were good!"

I decided to not rain on his parade and keep my chuckles to myself but told my friend later to please tell his uncle and any other family members and friends to not purchase their cigars from any street vendors when in other countries and to make sure they only buy from LCDH's.

Happy New Year's!

-Patrick

My brother in law was showing me his collections of cigars. Well he got done showing me his two humidors and said let me show you my prized possession. I was stoked just cause I'm into cigars and stuff. Well he pulls this box of Cohibas out with the glass top out. Says his boss gave it to all the VP's. Didin't say a word. It is a nice display:)

Its funny cause he came over to my house and the first words out his mouth were "are you sure these are real?" Telling me how cubans have the most fakes out there. I didn't say anything kept my mouth shut and let the cigars speak for them selves. On a side note Rob and Lisa I promise you the next purchases will be coming from you, wife just needs to let me have my balls back.... I mean credit card back. :)