Humidor temperature

Thanks for everyone's help! I bought the cooler, ordered the beads, and now just need to find the hygrometer. That has always been the challenge for me. I have only had sucess with analog ones. Digital are off by nearly 10-20% here in Alaska for some reason! I just threw a digintal into my deshtop humidor last night for the fun of it, and it is off 17%. That is WAY too much. I must have a drawere full of bad digitals.

Thanks to all, and Happy New Year!

Vedado...

What are you using to calibrate these digital hygros?

None of the digital hygrometers I have found can be calibrated. I have just used the ones from cigar sites. They have never worked for me. I could write down that 56% on the digital means 70% in the humidor, but I don't trust small changes on these digitals. The "high quality" digital I put in my humidor last week (after this post) shows 56%, next to an accurate analog showing 70%!

None of the digital hygrometers I have found can be calibrated. I have just used the ones from cigar sites. They have never worked for me. I could write down that 56% on the digital means 70% in the humidor, but I don't trust small changes on these digitals. The "high quality" digital I put in my humidor last week (after this post) shows 56%, next to an accurate analog showing 70%!

Vedado,

Head over to cigarmony.com, run by fellow FOH member n2advnture (Mark). He'll hook you up with some digital hygros that can be re-calibrated. I've bought from him and the service is fantastic.

Vedado,

Head over to cigarmony.com, run by fellow FOH member n2advnture (Mark). He'll hook you up with some digital hygros that can be re-calibrated. I've bought from him and the service is fantastic.

+1 on Mark's service!!

Definitely go with the digital hygros that can be recalibrated. I have not seen any analog hygros that can match up to a quality digital.

Well I would need a remote Hygro, since the cooler is going to the back of a deep closet. I did buy the beads.

An analog that I use (I have 4 of these) that is dead on is from Italy, and is named "Adorini." These are the best analogs I have ever used. I would only use a digital if it were wireless.

Thanks again for everyone's help. I bought the cooler, bought the beads, and have already moved enough boxes of cigars in the cooler to fill all 94 gallons. I need another, then will have some breathing room in my humidors.

Keep us posted on how things work out...sounds like you are already off to building a sizeable collection of smokes...

It can get out of control really fast watching everyone's feedback on their favorite cigars. I would bet the mean rating on almost every post on every cigar is great! I end up buying 4-5 boxes every time!

Does anyone recommend an Oregon Scientific wireless I can throw in the cooler? I see they offer many types. I just want one I can throw in the cooler, tuck the cooler way back in an unaccessable closet, and forget about it. Cigarmony does not sell these.

Does anyone recommend an Oregon Scientific wireless I can throw in the cooler? I see they offer many types. I just want one I can throw in the cooler, tuck the cooler way back in an unaccessable closet, and forget about it. Cigarmony does not sell these.

I've looked at the Oregon series of wireless hygros and they are pretty good in quality and reliability. Check your nearest Radioshack, I'm sure they stock them. Then again, not sure if they're in Alaska. Else drop Mark a line and ask if he can order them in for you.