Cigars that are getting the cut..

I for one understand why some of you are in a uproar but i am not afraid of change that can make CC even better overall for all of us...

Jimmy, what in the hell can possibly make you think these deletions are making cigars better?

And by the way, if I was really swayed by what the masses are smoking I would be smoking a damned NC instead of messing with this illegal ****.

As I've said before, I think we're just screwed until some entrepenuers can get access to Cuban tobacco. The only thing I trust Habanos to do is **** us. This is a perfect example of the evils of a monopoly!

My 2c:

I think it is all about getting ready to hit the US market. Besides the issues with trade marks, they may figured they will have production bandwidth problem, getting into market twice the size the one they're already in.

They must think that once the embargo drops, everyone in US will start smoking CC. Which I would completely disagree with, from my personal experience.

Casual smokers will definitely hit CCs here, since they really don't care what they are smoking as long as it is not requiring much attention (not offensive/weak taste and good burn, Macanudo is the best selling cigar here, by far!). In this sense, having most production put in most widely know markas makes most sense, since this maximizes the profits (who cares if Montecristo is inconsistent to ridiculous degree? They smoke a cigar a months and do not remember or care what it tasted like anyway). Bigger sizes also make more sense since we are not talking about any kind of experience, but posturing. Big success = fat cigar.

For real aficionados, they already have access to CCs anyway. I would not expect people just abandon their favorites for CCs just because now they can buy CCs legally and, BTW, more expensively, since now the taxes and everything else comes into the picture. In my discussions with fellow cigar lovers, the BIGGEST problem for CCs penetration of american aficionado market will be inconsistency. People here really will not give much consideration to ANY cigar that is not consistent in flavor and quality.

Danashan

My 2c:

I think it is all about getting ready to hit the US market. Besides the issues with trade marks, they may figured they will have production bandwidth problem, getting into market twice the size the one they're already in.

No matter what, they'll have x amount of cigars to export, be they 42 ring or 52 ring. It's been reported here and elsewhere

that there is tobacco on hand, prime land that can be planted, and perhaps even rolled cigars at the ready. RA has also

mentioned that distrubutors have been warned they may lose part of their allotments in order to help meet possible demand.

Bigger sizes also make more sense since we are not talking about any kind of experience, but posturing. Big success = fat cigar.

Happening now globally with out the U.S. Market

In my discussions with fellow cigar lovers, the BIGGEST problem for CCs penetration of american aficionado market will be inconsistency. People here really will not give much consideration to ANY cigar that is not consistent in flavor and quality.

I wish it were true, but simply look at how many of us already put up with it.

Habanos SA may initially profit from these cost cutting, efficiencies gaining efforts, but continued for several more years will ultimately cost them consumer loyalty and passion. In large part product/brand history, continuity, variety creates the CC passion for myself. Hope they choose wisely, cause once you lose folks, its very difficult to get them back.