Discrepancy in new warranty code

Had an issue and wanted to see if anyone else has come across this before. I recently bought a box of Montecristo Edmundos which have the new warranty seal placed over the old one. The cigars are great - wonderful examples of what an Edmundo can and should be. I got on Habanos' website to enter in the code on the new seal and as expected, the code was legit, however it is a code for Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas. Has anyone else had new seals that have the code for an entirely different brand/vitola? Just wondering if mine is a fluke, or if that is happening every so often with the gradual introduction of these new seals.

hi, i have the same problem. i bot a box of cohiba robusto POS SEP 08. i also have a new seal on top of the old seal. i entered the code and it is a legit code. however it says it is a cuaba exclusivos. i bot this box from a online seller based in XXX the cigars looks nice and very legit.

Legal code. The product is original from Habanos S.A.

HSA: 10.8036.46.0190

Descripcion: CUABA EXCLUSIVOS CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

I have heard that the box codes are getting razored off or replaced because some dealers are selling outside of their approved regions and don't want the codes tracked back. The cigars are legit, it's just the "serial numbers being filed off" so to speak.

Bear in mind I don't really know what I'm talking about (just ask my wife), but I've heard of this problem and read those responses elsewhere.

-- Gary F.

That is very interesting. New seals create a new bevy of issues. Will it ever end?

Had an issue and wanted to see if anyone else has come across this before. I recently bought a box of Montecristo Edmundos which have the new warranty seal placed over the old one. The cigars are great - wonderful examples of what an Edmundo can and should be. I got on Habanos' website to enter in the code on the new seal and as expected, the code was legit, however it is a code for Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas. Has anyone else had new seals that have the code for an entirely different brand/vitola? Just wondering if mine is a fluke, or if that is happening every so often with the gradual introduction of these new seals.

It's hard to be humble when they change the rules as they go. That's cool about the habanos site to check a code. Could I please get a link? Thanks for the help

Welcome to Cuba :) New technology and of course there will be problems .... it is too be expected . Remember we see boxes without box codes, the cedar strip stamped with another brand, etc... sometimes we forget it is Cuba and the quirks are all part of the cigars we smoke

Lisa

http://www.habanos.com/sellos?lang=sp

Initially, the concept was that distributors would have access to the verification system in order to see where product was coming from into their territories (Parralels and who was supplying them).

Overnight it became something for all purchasers to use to verify their cigars. Unfortunately, the site is simply not ready for this task. There are so many errors that it is currently meaningless.

Welcome to Cuba :D New technology and of course there will be problems .... it is too be expected . Remember we see boxes without box codes, the cedar strip stamped with another brand, etc... sometimes we forget it is Cuba and the quirks are all part of the cigars we smoke

Lisa

Very true. Sometimes the lack of QC is comical but the only thing to do is have a laugh and enjoy the product!

I have heard that the box codes are getting razored off or replaced because some dealers are selling outside of their approved regions and don't want the codes tracked back. The cigars are legit, it's just the "serial numbers being filed off" so to speak.

Bear in mind I don't really know what I'm talking about (just ask my wife), but I've heard of this problem and read those responses elsewhere.

-- Gary F.

Same with all of mine.

-- Gary F.

One wonders why the easy option was taken and not the optionto incorporate the code within the Warranty Seal.

Then again....best not ask too many questions :D