return of the python

Kill the dam thing!! Get a hammer and bash its head in or chop its head off with the big bladed knife.

Ken you never killed anything before ? Wish i was their i would take care of this problem..

jimmy, very grateful for the offer but i don't want to kill it. al is correct re it cleaning up other pests and snakes. never seen a mouse or rat here and, surrounded by bush, you'd expect heaps.

also, it really is a beautiful snake, if a little creepy.

one of the old blokes up the road was telling me that when he catches a small one, he'll give it to whichever nearby neighbour doesn't have a carpet python as they are so helpful.

if it were poisonous, then yes, but i think it helps keep the poisonous ones at bay - good thing. the bloke up the road had his clydesdale killed a few days ago by a snakebite. the people at the other end of the road have taipans (which is what i suspect i saw swimming in the creek) - those you do not want. i remember seing one or two as a kid - used to keep snakes but no way on earth i'd go near one of those, though in reality, they are way too quick to be caught by a human.

on a more pleasant note, some of the neighbours have recently spotted an albino deer wandering about (or perhaps they drink way too much).