stunning art

I tend to prefer classical artwork, as a prerequisite for me is that I must feel I couldn't even come close to doing it myself.

This is modern, but quite simply brilliant (no. 12...!)

Alyssa Monks

would love to check these out first hand to see if they look as good in real life...but New York is about as far away from here as it could possibly be.. enjoy

I can appriceate the technical skill that went into these paintings -- a Tour de Force.

But I have never really cared much for photo realistic art.

Give me Sam Francis anyday. Or Jasper Johns. Or Monet. Or a dozen others. But not so much Chuck Close.

Still, thanks for the link.

I'm normally quite dismissive of this kind of stuff too - I'd take one Constable over 30 of these but as you say, her technical ability is phenomenal.

I guess I'm different. I truly enjoy photo-realistic art...specifically for the technical abilities involved. This is truly amazing work. I too would love to see her work in person. Wonder how it looks up close?

I'm normally quite dismissive of this kind of stuff too - I'd take one Constable over 30 of these but as you say, her technical ability is phenomenal.

Technically impressive, so it has that wow factor, but not particularly inspiring or engaging, certainly no more that the photographs would be.

I concur.

Amazing to me in the way the Yngwie Malmsteen's work is. He's truly amazing at what he does, but what he does doesn't do much for me.

Excellent in execution, but subjective as subjective can be, not anything I'd hang in my home. I think part of that is how personal much of

the imagery is - I'm not "comfortable" with hanging realistic paintings of real people, or at least real people I don't know.

I'm not "comfortable" with hanging realistic paintings of real people, or at least real people I don't know.

I have been thinking for a while now that I would like to hang Kevin Rudd in my Office.

Not a painting of him mind you, just the worthless little prick in person.

I have been thinking for a while now that I would like to hang Kevin Rudd in my Office.

Not a painting of him mind you, just the worthless little prick in person.

be a long line, warren.

ta for posting. think i'm with those not overly excited. do like the rain /face widow one.

we have an artist locally called michael zavros. followed him pretty much since he kicked off and he has gone from zip to huge fairly quickly. he is undoubtedly supremely technically talented and his paintings can be so well done you sometimes wonder if they are paintings. a lot of people love him and there is a waiting list for his work.

but i could never bring myself to buy (as an investment, would have been a good buy). just didn't flick the switch.