Cigar shops in Dublin?

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum. Just stumbled on it doing a search for cigar shops in Dublin, Ireland.

I'll be visiting the Emerald Isle for the first time next week and wanted to purchase some Habanos.

I'll be in Dublin for about three days and then driving south and around ending in Galway 10 days later.

Could anyone in this forum guide me to two or three reputable tabacco shops in Dublin?

I assume the prices will be similar to what one would pay in London [ie high] as compared to Spain for example.

Thanks for your help.

Hello there...and welcome to FOH. I'm sorry I can't help you with cigar retailers in Dublin inquiry, but I am sure one of our more knowlegeable and well traveled memebers can.

There are three cigar shops left in dublin since the LCDH closed down in January.

You're lucky, they're all on the same street, Grafton Street, a pedestrianised shopping street right in the city centre.

At the bottom of Grafton Street, opposite the main entrance to Trinity College, there's JJ Fox, decent selection here with quite a few of the older ELs still on the shelves.

Two doors up there's Petersons, this place is mainly pipes but sell cigars out of their little walk in humidor, you might find some older stuff here with a little digging.

About 200 yards up the street, on the left, there's the Decent Cigar Emporium. Look out for the sign, they just have a doorway on the street with stairs up to the shop. Good selection of singles and boxes here with free Cubita espresso while you browse.

Expect to pay about 12 euros for a pc, 15-18 for a robusto, 22-25 for a piramide/Churchill, 28-30 DC.

Add 50% for Cohiba.

There are some deals to be had (I mean deals in relation to typical Irish prices), JJ Fox has Partagas P2 tubos at about 19 euro, or 5 euro less than the non-tubed version. The batch they weighed for excise declaration came out slighlty less, thus less tax.

As I said, some aged stuff and ELS with a little looking in Foxes.

You won't find cigars outside of Dublin except for the odd tubo in a hotel/golf club where you'll pay more.