The Global Cigar Market

I disagree Ross, strongly!

Good business is symbiotic not parasitic. Each party must be happy with the/a transaction or it is bad for both parties. Perhaps that is not true in governments or tyrannies, or perhaps even not true in the sort term, but long term businesses thrive by taking care of their best customers.

that does not change my stance on good business being bilateral and fair. Ask yourself why you stopped doing business with someone and find your answer there. Call me anachronistic but I have always taken care of my customers whether working for myself or others. Do you cheat your customers? -P

Agree, agree, and agree again.

If anything, I think my view on the state of the Havana cigar might be overly simplistic. I've come to accept the fact that currently,

the production of Cuban cigars is a monopoly. I realize there is really only one thing I can do, and that is to "vote with my wallet".

I'll carefully choose cigars that suit me, and leave the rest alone.

I've absolutely no idea what goes on behind closed doors at HSA / Imperial, but I think KG's most recent post shed some light on their

probable outlook at this time. I will say that I believe a ship with a broken rudder or a faulty compass is bound to founder, and will eventually

be passed by ships that can steer a true course. We shall see.