New Humidor

Bighead33

Purchased a 30 cigar Xikar humidor last week. So far so good except my hydrometer reads 72-74% RH.

I am using the Xikar PG system.

1) Is the extra humidity a big deal (it's been quite humid in NY lately)?

2) If it is, in fact, bad for my smokes what can I do to remedy it?

Thanks,

-Cliff

For me, 72-74 is a bit high - I prefer 63-67. Higher humidity can cause draw and burn problems, along with muddled flavors. Having said that, if you prefer

how your cigars smoke at that humidity, there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I'd ditch the foam and pg humidifiers and go with beads / bead pucks. The pucks were developed by our own n2advnture. If you're interested,

checkout his site - www.cigarmony.com. Also, if you do a search here for humidity, beads, etc, you'll find a number of helpful threads.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions - I'm sure the members here will have more advice.

My 65% RH Puck just arrived. Looking foward to it doing the trick.

BTW, my 30 count humidor is all of a sudden too small after two weeks.

I'm looking in to a Vinotemp 12 bottle with beads or possible active humidification.

I keep my humidor in my office where the air conditioning of off on the weekends. Temp spike to 80 degrees F!

Has anyone tried the desktop Vinotemp humidor with temperature control. Looks like it might be the ticket as the price is right and it seems to do what I need it too. Might be too small however.

• 2 weeks later...
My 65% RH Puck just arrived. Looking foward to it doing the trick.

BTW, my 30 count humidor is all of a sudden too small after two weeks.

I'm looking in to a Vinotemp 12 bottle with beads or possible active humidification.

I keep my humidor in my office where the air conditioning of off on the weekends. Temp spike to 80 degrees F!

Has anyone tried the desktop Vinotemp humidor with temperature control. Looks like it might be the ticket as the price is right and it seems to do what I need it too. Might be too small however.

Warning! Warning! Think big Bighead! Stretch the budget and get the largest you can afford! ;);)

• 4 months later...

iKitsune wrote:g-man430 wrote:beatrizg126 wrote:HI....Im Beatriz from spain....loves to travel and talk about anything. Hoping to meet new friends here.

Como estas? Me bien y cansado. Como te llamas? Me llamo Jacob. Que pasa? Hasta la vista.

Dial the llamas? What?

Translation: How are you? Im well and tired. What is your name? My name is Jacob. Whats going on? See you later.