Montreal Friend of FOH

Froggy

Hello Guys!

I read once in while the threads in this forum and, your gang being friendly and all, decided to jump in! My mother tongue is French, so please be cool about the occasional mispellings... I also have a hard - and fun - time, sometimes, to decipher your Aussie lingo! lol

3 of my favorite Cubans are the R&J Churchills, the Punch DC and the Bolivar Coronas Extra. I enjoy puffing alone and in good and joyous company, and I look forward to learning more about outstanding vitolas, and sharing info, through the FOH forum.

colt, starting to understand you - you were clearly beaten mercilessly at school as teacher's pet, dobber etc etc.

Hey, I'm not the one of whom it's been said "can be a ruthless bastard" (don't worry Lisa, I won't tell him it was you)

Mr. Pot.......

there is a long way between ruthless bastard (and thank you for the compliment) and dobber

I had to look that one up - mr. kettle. Unfortunately, I was often the one who ended up in detention after school.

But what say we let bygones be bygones. Care to meet up in Montreal for the latest cirque du soleil show?........

welcome and enjoy.

must confess montreal not my fave place on earth but please don't take it personally.

colt, starting to understand you - you were clearly beaten mercilessly at school as teacher's pet, dobber etc etc.

I don't take it personal at all... I mean, Sofia in Bulgaria is not my fav place on earth, think it's the most drab city that ever existed, but I have nothing againt Bulgarians... You probably had a bad or unfortunate experience or two during your stays in Montreal and developed a certain aversion to the city as a consequence. If you're prejudiced against French speakers of my province, that's another story... I won't stay long around here! lol But I'm sure a qualified wine taster and Habanos lover is more subtle than that overall. ;)

Think I should give a bit of personal info already so you guys begin to know me a little. I now something or two about some of you, since I've read your threads a few times each month for the past year.

I'm 41. Same woman for the last 25 years but not married - I'm not altogether stupid, as you can see from the start... lol. To earn dough, I correct papers and audit orals of University students and also run my own one-man technical translation business. These activities allow me to smoke a couple of good Habanos during any given day cuz in all public AND private environments around here it is the devil to pollute the air with the fumes of a good Cuban stick. Some of the neighbour tenants in my building had their doors sealed tight to keep my odors out of their living spaces... I've been a true lover of Cuban cigars for abouth 3 years now. It doesn't always agree with the wife, but I've learned to keep real secure or destroy any evidence of unexplainable purchases. Ha ha! I favor big badass DCs or Churchills but enjoy a great lot of other Cuban vitolas of all sizes and brands. My collection and humi are both pretty modest. I do have 2/3 of one good 03 box of Upmann Sir Wintons and a half-full 01 box of crazy long and deeply enjoyable Montecristo As. About 40 other singles of various brands, all Cubans though... I think it's strictly a question of subjective taste in the end, but I started with Cubans and, although I do appreciate others, Hondurans and Dominicans, my most magical experiences have always been with Cubans. So I'm deeply biaised in favor of exceptional Habanos.

That's it for now! Good day with good cigars to all of you!

I don't take it personal at all... I mean, Sofia in Bulgaria is not my fav place on earth, think it's the most drab city that ever existed, but I have nothing againt Bulgarians... You probably had a bad or unfortunate experience or two during your stays in Montreal and developed a certain aversion to the city as a consequence. If you're prejudiced against French speakers of my province, that's another story... I won't stay long around here! lol But I'm sure a qualified wine taster and Habanos lover is more subtle than that overall. ;)

i assure you, nothing against the people at all. except doctors and their ilk. they almost killed me.

and for the record, sofia didn't impress me much either.

I'm sorry..... I've tried.......

but this..... this is just..........

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:

Please explain just enough so I get it, Colt45... You laugh because my joke is not subtle in it's own right (you may be right, so I won't be offended); or you laugh like crazy because Mr. Gargett is not so subtle according to you, in spite of his refined taste buds?