Hi From Connecticut, USA

rprice99

Hello!

I have been a lurker for a few months and have finally decided to post. I learned about the forum from Bob and Dale at Dog Watch Cigar Radio and have listened to some of the episodes where Rob has been a guest.

I’ve been smoking cigars for a little over a year now and have been working on discovering my palette, some of my favorites are the La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami, Illusione line, Ashton San Cristobal, and an LFD double Ligero here and there.

I am expecting my first child in a month and I was thinking about dipping my toe into the Cuban water to celebrate with. The only Cubans I’ve had are a Partagas Serie D #4 and a Montecristo (can’t remember the frontmark).

I want to order something from CZ.com and I am trying to figure out what to pull the trigger on. Now I know that getting Cohiba’s seems cliché – but from what I can tell it seems that they are still highly regarded as fine examples of the “Cuban style”.

I’ll pretty much consider any size from Robusto up to Churchill (no time for Series A size!)

What would you recommend I pick up?

Welcome from a shoreline connecticut member.

I recommend that you do a little reading into the reviews section, watch some videos, and try to get a sense for what sounds like something that appeals to you. Then, once you figure out what you might like, ask around at which of those marca's are smoking the best.

Congrats on the baby!

Hello Ryan(I assume that is you), you ever get a chance to try that "A" or are saving until you finally hit that 1st one over the fence.

Roger

Wow, small world! Good to "see" you here Rog...the Monte "A" is still resting in my humidor although I do fear its days are numbered ;)

Had an impromptu session with 2 colleagues last night, we all sampled the La Aurora Preferido Platinum (Cameroon) - great shape and phenomenal taste.

Have a good Mem Day weekend!

• 2 weeks later...