Cohiba Siglo IV - EST FEB 08

asmith

A fantastic cigar to taste this week with a new member on the review panel while Ken is absent. This cigar takes us on a journey and our newest reviewer identifies a different flavour never seen or heard of before on the deck.

Gents,

Thank you for the lovely review. The Siglo IV is one of my all time favorite smokes and one that brings back lots of good memories. And it's my favorite of the Siglo line. It's such a well balanced, rich, smooth and complex cigar. I've got a couple left that have been resting for the past year I may have to light up at the cabin this weekend. Guess I'll just have to bus some more. I will look out for some 07s

I must admit I was a bit saddened to see Dr. G fold like an accordion when pressed by Ayala about the wasabi comment.

Yeah I was surprised as well, when you consider that the combined IQ for Ayala and myself wouldn't reach half that of Dr George, I though he would stand strong with a good argument about wasabi. But I guess I was wrong and like a house of cards he just crumbled.

• 5 months later...

Cohiba Siglo IV BTL FEB 08

Smoke time 79 mins

Cohiba tan colored wrapper, dry and light feeling but great shape

Even burn and draw the whole time

pre draw was lemongrass and barnyard

initital puff was lt pepper and cream

Flavors included pepper, honey, tobacco, grass and cream.........actually very similar to the video review

Full of flavor but very light on pallet but I still rate a solid Medium.....hope that makes sense ;)

Enjoyed it very much and box from Czar has been ordered..........probably my favorite Siglo next to the VI, but the IV is more versatile I think for more occasions

9.15/10

Bart

Nice review Bart. While I love a good Siglo VI, I agree that the IVs are much more manageable and still a damn fine smoke.