Entierro a la Cubana

Hey everyone. My wife’s family from Ecuador sent her this funny in Spanish about sending deceased loved ones home for burial in Cuba. Find someone who speaks Spanish and have a good laugh.

ENTIERRO A LA CUBANA

Toda la familia en Cuba, se quedó sorprendida cuando llegó de Miami un ataúd con el cadáver de una tía muy querida. El cuerpo estaba todo apretado en el cajón con la cara aplastada contra el cristal de la tapa. Al abrir el cajón, la familia encontró una carta prendida a la ropa con una aguja que decía:

Queridos papá y mamá:

Estoy enviando el cuerpo de Tía Jimena, para que hagan el entierro en Cuba, tal como ella quería, disculpen por no poder acompañarla, pero los gastos fueron muchos con todas las cosas que aprovechando las circunstancias, les estoy enviando.

Debajo de la tía encontrarán:

12 latas de atún "Bumble Bee"

12 botellas de acondicionador

12 de Shampoo Pantene anticaspa

12 frascos de Vaselina Intensive Care

(muy bueno para la piel, ojo no sirve para cocinar)

12 tubos de crema dental Colgate

12 cepillos de dientes

12 latas de frijoles Span (españolas, de las mejores)

4 latas de chorizo de verdad

Dividan con la familia (sin peleas !!)

En los píes de Tía Jimena están un par de tenis Reebok nuevos talla 9, son para Juan (pues con el cadáver del tío Esteban no le mandamos nada, y se quedó enojado)

En su cabeza hay 4 pares de calcetines nuevos para los hijos de Antonio, son de colores diferentes. De nuevo, por favor, sin peleas!

Tía Jimena esta vestida con 15 sudaderas Ralph Laurent; una es para Rembertito y las otras para sus hijos y nietos.

Ella también lleva una docena de sostenes Wonder Bra, dividan entre las mujeres, igual que las 20 botellitas de esmalte para uñas Revlon que están en las esquinas del ataúd.

Tía también lleva puestos 9 pantalones Dockers y 3 jeans Levis, Papá quédese con 3 y les regala los otros a mis hermanos.

El reloj Seiko que Papá me pidió, lo lleva puesto en la muñeca izquierda; también usa los aretes, pulseras y anillos que Mamá quería y me pidió.

La cadena en el cuello es para mi prima Carlota; los 8 pares de Medias Channel son para repartir con mis amigas y vecinas, o si quieren pueden venderlas, por favor, no las den baratas, que son de las caras.

La dentadura que le pusimos es para la Abuela que hace años está sin dientes y no puede masticar (con estos dientes va a poder comer pan sin antes mojarlo en el café)

Los lentes bifocales son para Alfredo, pues son del mismo grado que él usa; también es de él, la gorra de los Orioles que lleva puesta.

Los aparatos para la sordera que usa tía, son para la tía Carola; no son exactamente los que necesita,porque son de segunda mano, los nuevos están carísimos.

Los ojos de tía tienen lentes de contacto; quítenselos que son de Marcela, se los debía desde sus 15 años.

En los dedos de los pies, van los anillos de oro para el casamiento de Josefina, para que esté hermosa ese día. Espero que nadie se queje esta vez, no le cuenten a nadie todo esto y sáquenlo rápido, antes de comenzar a velar el cadáver.

Con mucho amor su hija, María Dolores.

P.D.: Por favor consigan ropa vieja para vestir a tía Jimena para el entierro y manden decir una Misa para el descanso de su alma, pues ella les ayudó hasta después de muerta. Como verán el cajón es de muy buena madera; no agarra termitas, desháganlo y hagan las patas de la cama de Mamá y cómprenle un cajón de los baratos, pues a ella le gustaban las cosas sencillas. Saquen el cristal de la tapa y arreglen el portarretratos de la abuela que está roto hace años; una bolsa plástica será suficiente para volverlo a arreglar.

Con el forro del cajón, que es de satín blanco de 20 dólares la yarda, Josefina se puede hacer su vestido de novia.

Ahh, para terminar sólo dos cosas más:

primera: no dejen que toda esa alegría les olvide vestir a la tía para el entierro.

Segunda: con la Muerte de tía Jimena, la tía Blanca se quedó muy triste y enferma así que creo que pronto les estaré mandando más cositas.

Bloody hilarious... thanks for posting it, it made my day!

Here is my quick translation:

----------

ENTIERRO A LA CUBANA (Burial the Cuban way)

The whole family was surprised when a coffin arrived from Miami, with the remains of a dearly loved aunt. The body was tightly packed in the coffin, with her face pressed against the casket's glass window. On opening the coffin, the family found a letter, attached to her clothes with a pin, saying:

Dear Dad and Mum,

I am sending you the body of Aunt Jimena, so that she may be buried in Cuba, as per her wishes. Please excuse me for not being able to accompany her, but the expenses were high given, that taking advantage of the circumstances, the many things I am sending you.

Under Aunt you will find

12 tins of Tuna "Bumble bee"

12 bottles of Conditioner

12 bottles of Anti-dandruff shampoo Pantene

12 jars of Vaseline Intensive Care (very good for the skin, note that it is not good for cooking)

12 tubes of Toothpaste Colgate

12 tins of beans Span (spanish, of the best)

4 tins of fair-dinkum chorizo

Divide them among the family (without fighting!!!)

On Aunt Jimena feet there is a brand-new pair of Reeboks size 9, they are for Juan ('cause with Uncle Esteban's body we did not send him anything, and he was left up set).

On her head, there are 4 pairs of socks, of different colours, for Antonio's sons. Again, please, no fighting!

Aunt Jimena is wearing 15 sweaters Ralph Lauren: One is for Rembertito and the rest for his sons and grandsons; She is also wearing a dozen Wonder Bra's, divide them among the women, as well as the 20 little bottles of Revlon nail polish that are in the corners of the coffin.

Aunt is also wearing 9 Dockers trousers and 3 Levi's jeans; Dad, three are for you and the rest gift them to my brothers. The Seiko watch, that Dad asked me for, she is wearing it on her left wrist, she is also wearing the earrings, bracelets and rings that Mum wanted and that she asked for.

The necklace is for cousin Carlota; the 8 pairs of panty-hose Chanel are to be shared with my friends and female neighbours; otherwise, if you wish to sell them please do not sell them cheap as they are expensive.

The denture that we put in her is for Grandma, who's been without teeth for years and who cannot longer chew (with the denture she'll be able to eat bread without having to dunk it in coffee).

The bifocals glasses are for Alfredo, as these are according to his prescription; for him also is the Orioles baseball cap that she is wearing.

The hearing aids that she is wearing are for aunt Carola; they are not exactly the ones she needs, as these are second hand and new ones are very expensive. Aunt is wearing contact lenses, take them off, they are for Marcela, I owe them to her since she was 15 years old.

In her toes are the gold weddings bands for Josefina's wedding, that she may look gorgeous on that day. I hope no one may compain this time. Don't tell anyone about this and take it all quickly, before the beginning of the wake.

With much love,

Your daughter, Maria Dolores

PS. Please get some old clothes to dress Aunt Jimena for the burial and organise a Mass for her, that her soul may rest in peace, as she helped you even after her death. As you may notice, the coffin is made of fine wood, that is not attacked by termites, undo it and make form it the legs for Mum's bed and buy her (Aunt Jimena) a cheap coffin, because she preferred simple things. Take the glass from the lid and use it to fix the broken portrait frame of Grandma's that has been broken for years, a plastic bag will be sufficient to fix it back.

From the lining of the coffin, made from white satin of 20 dollars per yard, Josefina can make herself her wedding gown.

To finalise, only two more things:

First: Don't let the joy make you forget to dress Aunt for the burial.

Second: With the death of Aunt Jimena, Aunt Blanca has been left very sad and ill, so I believe that soon I will be sending you more little things.