Trinidad Robusto Extra

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these, but wanted to see what others thought of this smoke.

Hurry up and let me know, the special ends Monday :)

I suppose I should actually look in the Cigar Reviews Forum before posting, I would have seen that somebody already reviewed this :)

Shame, it doesn't sound like a consistent smoke... oh well

You know what i smoked one today gifted by Claudius months ago i LOVED it.Not a strong cigar mild to med but lots of flavor and goes great with coffee and lots of volume of smoke !!!

Coffee

Carmel

Honey

lite rich tobacco

Some of the flavors i remember from today never took notes !!

You know what i smoked one today gifted by Claudius months ago i LOVED it.Not a strong cigar mild to med but lots of flavor and goes great with coffee and lots of volume of smoke !!!

Coffee

Carmel

Honey

lite rich tobacco

Some of the flavors i remember from today never took notes !!

Mine are now going on five years old and I am wondering if they have recovered from being the bland pieces of crap they were after I originally got them.

Frankly I think this should be enough time for them to either show me something or not. . .

Mine are now going on five years old and I am wondering if they have recovered from being the bland pieces of crap they were after I originally got them.

Frankly I think this should be enough time for them to either show me something or not. . .

Yeah, they seem to be hit and miss from the reviews I've read :2thumbs:

Yeah, they seem to be hit and miss from the reviews I've read :P

Ok. I thought it only fair that I smoke one of these JUN04.

Well they have flavor now. It is pretty much straight forward tobac. Some cocoa in the first third but not much in body. A little slight pepper. Not bad or bland but just a dissapointment for a cigar this size.

I reckon these might improve some over the next couple years but I am really not sure it is worth the wait. I tend to think these won't improve enough to make much of a difference.

Ok. I thought it only fair that I smoke one of these JUN04.

Well they have flavor now. It is pretty much straight forward tobac. Some cocoa in the first third but not much in body. A little slight pepper. Not bad or bland but just a dissapointment for a cigar this size.

I reckon these might improve some over the next couple years but I am really not sure it is worth the wait. I tend to think these won't improve enough to make much of a difference.

Thanks for the review. You've sealed its fate for me... no-go on buying these.

Agree with most. Have 2 o5 boxes of 12 and went through 1 of them. All were great draw and burn, and light flavorand body. I was really wishing these would be the Reyes on steroids.

Though as I have found out over the years is if you want the firecracker flavor bombs, you need to stick to smaller formats. Also,I think that a cigars flavor all depends on what you have had to eat and drink prior.

Agree with most. Have 2 o5 boxes of 12 and went through 1 of them. All were great draw and burn, and light flavorand body. I was really wishing these would be the Reyes on steroids.

Though as I have found out over the years is if you want the firecracker flavor bombs, you need to stick to smaller formats. Also,I think that a cigars flavor all depends on what you have had to eat and drink prior.

I am with you HHal, on food and drink before smoking - makes a world of difference.

Also must remember cigars after 06 you must think differently all together about Cuban cigars as the tobacco has been far superior than pre late 2005.And that's a fact as we know cigars from 06/07 and 08 have been smoking far better than any other years young than I can remember .And I am smoking over 20+ years under my belt the old way of thinking is outdated and we must move on .