Hunting

EricM

We have any hunters on here?? Wild Turkey season is starting in a couple weeks .. Hopefully I can post the pics of my harvest up in this section.. B)

I'm a hunter and do my part to keep those 4 legged critters from overrunning the earth, besides that, they're tasty.... :rolleyes::D I hunt mostly elk, deer and antelope with geese, ducks and doves thrown in. You're not going to rat me out to PETA are you?............ :rotfl:

Mike

"I'm a hunter and do my part to keep those 4 legged critters from overrunning the earth..."

Geez, where have I been? Since when did they start breeding turkeys with 4 legs?

I mean, I love the dark meat, but com'on.

Obviously you've never lived next to a nuclear power plant........ :rolleyes:

Blinky.gif

Wild Turkey is for drinking not hunting..of course unless you run out

We have any hunters on here?? Wild Turkey season is starting in a couple weeks .. Hopefully I can post the pics of my harvest up in this section.. :rolleyes:

Turkey season is close here in the midwestern USA. The population has gone crazy here the past 5 years. This year will be my first with a bow for turkey. Love to deep fat fry 'em - wild or domestic it's the best, moist, tasty turkey I've ever had !!! Regarding hunting, I get the most enjoyment out of bird bunting with dogs - watching them hunt for you all day is pure enjoyment for me and the dogs.

Happy Hunting - If it's brown it's down!

this is the last weekend for turkey here in s. fla. its been a rough season for me. however it was a great wild hog season with the bow.

I'm off to do some scouting.. Spent all day working the box call.. I might be single at the end of this weekend if I don't put it away. :D

My mouth calls just arent good enough to use them... Hunting from a ground blind, using hand operated calls isnt an issue.

I have enjoyed seeing the photo's of Turkey season posted here over the years. Look forward to seeing some more!

I will be taking my son on his first turkey hunt here in Ohio. Can't wait, first couple of days are youth hunting days only. :P

Just shooting ferals (varmints) down here. Rabbits and foxes, little buggers introduced into Australia for sport. :P

22 magnum does a fine job and I'm always on the lookout for a good rabbit recipe :unsure:

I usually BBQ rabbit, with a some sort of rub. Or use my smoker. If you're looking for other ideas, I'll ask the Mrs. as she handles all indoor cooking duties.

Thanks Bolismoker! I was wondering how you prevent the rabbit from drying out on the BBQ?

Thanks Bolismoker! I was wondering how you prevent the rabbit from drying out on the BBQ?

The two methods I use to keep the meat nice and tender, is to 1. Always use both a rub and a basting sauce. 2. keep the fire as far from the meat as possible to get a nice slow-cooked flavor. I'm by no means an expert, in my experience though as long as the basting sauce is applied every so often the meat will stay nice and tender.

The two methods I use to keep the meat nice and tender, is to 1. Always use both a rub and a basting sauce. 2. keep the fire as far from the meat as possible to get a nice slow-cooked flavor. I'm by no means an expert, in my experience though as long as the basting sauce is applied every so often the meat will stay nice and tender.

Great, will try both those. thanks again. :clap:

• 1 month later...
Great, will try both those. thanks again. :2thumbs:

Ducks mostly but here in SC our deer come in Aug and go out Jan. Longest season in America.