Cigar humidor / wine fridge help

geezbeen_69

Hi, im looking at investing into a wine fridge to store my cigars. The one i like might have a problem. The top of it holds a temperature of around 19 degree Celsius while the bottom around 14-15 degree Celsius. Is this a big concern? any help would be much appreciated or any brands that people recommend that are easy to get in brisbane?

many thanks

Gerard

I have a thread going regarding the conversion of a wine cooler into a humidor. I have no idea how to post the link so you will just have to search for it in the main forum "Watering hole." Perhaps you might find information of use to you there. After reading if you have specific questions regarding my project feel free to PM me. -Piggy

thanks for your reply pigfish. The information you posted and the project was amazing. Unfortunately for me i was born with two wonky left hands haha but if i was somewhat talented i would give it a go. You must be very proud of it, I need something that i really don't need to put any huge effort in that will hold somewhat close to the conditions i need.

Many thanks and well done again

Gerard

Hi

I too have a wine fridge with 2 compartments that act as my humidor. However, both top and bottom are fully adjustable down to below 10 degrees celsius, unless the filter at the back is clogged with dust. I would think it's strange that there's so much variance between the 2.

thanks for your feedback tobaccobeetle, i did think the same but this is a brand new model. I was talking to the company who make them and the difference from the top section and the bottom section is 5 degrees. so if the top was 20 the bottom would be 15. is this a big problem?

here is the link mate.

http://www.quaffwinecabinets.com/prod-JC103L.html

many thanks

Gerard

thanks for your feedback tobaccobeetle, i did think the same but this is a brand new model. I was talking to the company who make them and the difference from the top section and the bottom section is 5 degrees. so if the top was 20 the bottom would be 15. is this a big problem?

here is the link mate.

http://www.quaffwinecabinets.com/prod-JC103L.html

many thanks

Gerard

Gerard,

IMO it's kinda strange that such a variance would be expected, considering that no such info is provided on the link provided.

Stranger still if this variance is an automatic "feature". What if one would like to store wines at 10 degrees at the top? :rolleyes:

All in all, I would not be satisfied with such a cooler and would exchange for one that cools to what you set it too, not one that is interdependent on a certain compartment, as it would defeat the purpose of having separate lots.

However, as it seems to have only one door, may I know how the temperature is regulated as such? This is because my cooler has 2 doors at the top and bottom.

Ben

i have seen the wine fridges with the two different sections where the top and bottom are different temperature settings.

i passed on them right away. IMHO the differences were too much and you could not get both sections the same temp.

get one without the two sections. my honest opinion.

i have seen the wine fridges with the two different sections where the top and bottom are different temperature settings.

i passed on them right away. IMHO the differences were too much and you could not get both sections the same temp.

get one without the two sections. my honest opinion.

Actually, my cheap EuopAce fridge works fine with negligible variance(if any) between the 2 compartments. But I'm certain that the ones with one compartment would have difficulties in maintaining consistent dual temperatures.