Partagas Serie P2

krs

Hey guys new to the forum and relatively new to the cigar world (been smoking a year or so)

I ordered my first few boxes a week ago and warranty seal on my Partagas looks a little suspect, i cant see the micro text like i can on my box of Cohiba's. I dont have a UV light atm, think i might go pick one up tomorrow.

;) what do you guys think? any opinions appreciated

box stamped POS JUL 06

serial number IC 136325

post-5184-1237984599.jpg

post-5184-1237984616.jpg

post-5184-1237984627.jpg

post-5184-1237984636.jpg

You might want to remove where you got the cigars from. I am pretty sure the moderators will ask you or remove it for you. If members want to know they can message you.

cheers mate, yea didnt know about that. edited.

To krs.......

Maybe you should show a scan of your Cohiba box? Also what is the date of your Cohiba box. The microprinting is getting less distinct over the years.

The Cohiba box stamped MEL SEP 08 the warranty seal on this box has a more white, slight gloss paper.

as you can see its a lot more clear when viewing full size image

post-5184-1238028899.jpg

How do the cigars smoke?

Have you smoked enough PSP2's to be able to tell if it was real?

I don't see anything that would make me believe they were not real from your photos. Sometimes people major in the minor details and not enough on the cigars.

Do you trust your source?

They look fine to me and I too have a couple of boxes that are POS from 2006. Proof is the stick itself smoke a couple and you will know. I missed where you got them from but if you trust the source no need to be paranoid :spotlight:

thanks for your input guys! I feel a lot more positive than I did yesterday, the seal was the only concern. the constriction and wrappers look impressive. ill be smoking one this Saturday night, ill share my thoughts sometime over the weekend.

the partagas are new to me, this will be my first stick from that label.

do I trust the source? well I tried to google as much feedback from the company before I ordered and all was positive. also Rob gave me the thumbs up. also states on there webpage they do inventory checks, and spot document checks to make sure they only sell authentic Cubans.

anyway must just be my paranoia since its my first international order. :spotlight:

cheers guys!