Ron legendario (Cuba)

rafa

• 1 month later...
Is this a straight rum or does it have aeromatics added. I love Clement Cherube from Martinique- dark rum with herbs & orange peel added.

Oooh- The Elixir is to DIE for!

their cane spirit is my go-to Cuban rum (a touch better than HC7), but the Elixir is something else altogether.

Is this a straight rum or does it have aeromatics added. I love Clement Cherube from Martinique- dark rum with herbs & orange peel added.

the clement i love. have never seen this. from what i can make out from the label, almost looks like a liqueur style of rum. or have i misread that?

Here in Sweden i can find three different Cléments, the Clément Rhum Vieux at $48, Clément J.M 1995 at $122 and the Clément J.M. at $142. Any of them any good?

this is from a thing on rum i did for a local trade mag. might help a bit -

Cerbaco Rums (prices as noted by the distributor) – 1998 Rum Agricole 'Arbre du Voyageur' ($130) (40%) is delightful and will be almost unrecognisable as rum to those weaned on Bundy. Light, fragrant and spicy but surprisingly powerful and intense on the palate. Rum Agricole 'La Tour de L'or' ($180) (57.4%) has a light colour but this is deceptive as it is quite fearsome on the palate, dry and quite lean. The flavours are lemons, nuts, hints of 'rum molasses' and developing citrus. Long flavours. Rhum Agricole J. M. Blanc ($50) (50%) is a white rum of real character, which is rarer than you might think. Quite powerful with floral and pear notes, it would be the ultimate white rum for a cocktail. Rhum Agricole J. M. Reserve Speciale ($90) (49.6%) has a fresh, quite delightful nose with lots of orange notes and hints of spice. Very strongly orange, all leading to a lovely dry finish. Good length here. Rum Agricole Damoiseau Reserve ($80) (42%) mixes complexity and fresh flavours nicely. Citrus, spice and nuts, this is a balanced rum with good length of flavour. A sipper. Rum Agricole Damoiseau 15 Years ($160) (42%) has a wonderfully aromatic nose, a real eye-opener. Mature and complex with light chocolate notes over citrus, it is beautifully balanced with excellent length. It would be a shame to drink this with anything other than a little water or better yet, ice. Rum Clement Shrubb Orange ($55) (40%) is a Cointreau lookalike, oozing delicious orange notes (it is a liqueur rum and spices, rather than a straight rum). Quite sweet but delicious. Rum Agricole Clement 6 Years ($100) (44%) is fragrant and floral, with a little maturity. Of moderate length, it would be a great rum for the finest of cocktails. Rum Agricole Clement Terre Caraibe ($50) (40%) is good value for a very attractive style, quite subdued with limes, spice and a light dusting of chocolate. An enjoyable rum. 1976 Rum Agricole Vieux Clement ($280) (44%) had some complexity but for me, a little disappointing at that price.