need recommendation based on this flavor profile.....

A friend of mine wants to explore the world of Cubans. His preference for a flavor profile would include lots of fruit, buttery notes and honey. What Cubans should he be introduced to based on that preference?

I know "fruit" can mean many things but he says he likes his cigars like he likes his wine. If that helps.

I appreciate any insights. Thanks!

Smoke a Siglo III and a RA 898 at the same time! The RA profile will display dark fruit such as black cherry or as Rob and others call it stewed fruit. I cant think of another cigar that displays honey more abundantly than a Siglo III. These also happen to be some of my favorite flavors and If I was forced to pick my favorite 2 marcas it would have to be RA and Cohiba. Regarding the buttery flavor that to me is more of a smoke density/mouthfeel issue and there isnt a thicker more viscous smoke than a RA 898 or for current stock look at the RA Estupendo. Just my 2 cents.

A friend of mine wants to explore the world of Cubans. His preference for a flavor profile would include lots of fruit, buttery notes and honey. What Cubans should he be introduced to based on that preference?

I know "fruit" can mean many things but he says he likes his cigars like he likes his wine. If that helps.

I appreciate any insights. Thanks!

I would suggest a Romeo y Julieta Exhibition No. 3.

It sounds like your friend likes milder cigars. I am pretty sure it would hit all the notes you said he liked. I am not sure how much fruit your friend is expecting. I find the Ex. 3 to be an elegant cigar a smoker new to cubans can really enjoy. It is not only an amateur cigar, a good example is really quite elegant. If you are getting your friend some smokes for a gift or something, consider a few of these.

Smoke a Siglo III and a RA 898 at the same time! The RA profile will display dark fruit such as black cherry or as Rob and others call it stewed fruit. I cant think of another cigar that displays honey more abundantly than a Siglo III. These also happen to be some of my favorite flavors and If I was forced to pick my favorite 2 marcas it would have to be RA and Cohiba. Regarding the buttery flavor that to me is more of a smoke density/mouthfeel issue and there isnt a thicker more viscous smoke than a RA 898 or for current stock look at the RA Estupendo. Just my 2 cents.

I second the Regios. I get peach out of some 06's I'm smoking.

There are a few Bolivars that I find definitely buttery and a little fruity, but they're not honey sweet. Your friend may like a Royal Corona.

I think I like BRC recommendation better than the Ex. No. 3 I mentioned above. It is an excellent option.

There is a likelihood some of its complexity would be lost on a newer smoker. Also, I think it is more woody than fruity, but I would still try it.