Why are Review and Discussion Forums Linked?

Colt raised this good question.

It is my belief (and subject to contest) that reviews form the basis of general discussion. Seeing both general discussion and reviews seperated never made any real sense. If I wanted to search for say Partagas Reviews I would only need utilize the search function. It was a a fine line decision (which I took). However I feel a lot of forums fall down by seperating key areas of daily discussion. I may live to regret it.....but it was my call :thumbsup:

Not challenging your decision in any way, but I will say that it was nice to be able to browse the reviews

generally, without really searching for anything in particular - to have it as a sort of database.

Rob, you are absolutely right in keeping reviews and discussion in one forum. On those boards where the two topics are separated, both the review and discussion forums suffer as a result.

Good call.

HOWEVER, if your tech guru Jason can do it, it might be nice to have a "sort" function, so that we can readily sort out all reviews separately. That way we can easily reprise all recent reviews, in chronological order, to see if we have missed anything.

HOWEVER, if your tech guru Jason can do it, it might be nice to have a "sort" function, so that we can readily sort out all reviews separately. That way we can easily reprise all recent reviews, in chronological order, to see if we have missed anything.

Hmm. A filtered list of reviews in chronological order?

What would we call such a list?

I've got it, we could call it the Habanos Review Forum! :covermouth:

I enjoyed the old format where all new posts are seen in one page. I think that the fewer categories, the easier it is to browse. It is nice that they are grouped together.

I agree - it was great to be able to filter the forums as you liked, but alas, that ship has sailed.

I enjoyed the old format where all new posts are seen in one page. I think that the fewer categories, the easier it is to browse. It is nice that they are grouped together.

Check out "View New Posts" at top right, next to "My Controls".

Check out "View New Posts" at top right, next to "My Controls".
That's the only tool I really use on a forum. Browsing by forum gets tedious.

You can also click on the "today's active topics" link near the bottom of the main board, under the board statistics banner.

You do not need to be logged in to set the view this way.