Rugby - Wallabies Beat England

After a week of being ridiculed in every newspaper in christendom the Wallabies pulled off a wonderful victory against the old enemy in London.

That tight-head gave me a war chubby

I haven't seen the highlights yet but I understand that the Aussie front row stood up (for once!).

Congrats on beating us and good luck for the rest of the tour.

I look forward to seeing how England fare against SA and NZ.

got to love the poms. after staying till four to watch the game, i thought our best peformance yet under deans though still some problems - thought luke burgess a very poor game, i awoke to three emails from pommy friends. now we are not talking idiots here, despite all evidence to the contrary, one a senior partner in an international law firm etc etc.

here are a couple of quotes from these emails, cut and paste -

"Why are Oz too scared to keep the scrum up?"

"Spoiling what might have been a good game" - this re the ref.

"Refereeing - astonishingly poor"

"Giteau kicking v well and won the game for Oz on his own"

"England played the rugby, Aus defended very well and had the decisions"

what planet???? even stephen jones, who i think is a complete dolt, writer for the times - acknowledged we were "massively dominant" and "blissfully comfrtable up front'. do some of these peple actually watch the games or just assume they must be better. do they really need to wonder why they lost an empire?

"England played the rugby, Aus defended very well and had the decisions"

what planet???? even stephen jones, who i think is a complete dolt, writer for the times - acknowledged we were "massively dominant" and "blissfully comfrtable up front'. do some of these peple actually watch the games or just assume they must be better. do they really need to wonder why they lost an empire?

Couldn't agree more and cannot believe those comments - especially the one quoted above - England were all over the breakdown so were penalised. Australia largely were not (although Smith was from time to time) hence England seemed for a while to have more opportunities in the first 60 mins - as the Australians were permitting them phase ball in accordance with the rules.

When England stopped infringing at the breakdown in the last 20 mins (probably because fitness levels not there) Australia pulled away and played some good rugby. Before then they dominated the contest but had to put points on by penalties.

Burgess did not play well - has so much potential but will have to be much more consistent or else he won't last long.

Scrum was fantastic - for a change! The endless banging on about improvement looks as though it might be true!