Partagas SD 5

Has anyone tried one of the P SD5 yet?

I smoked one yesterday and it looked way too young to me, excessively floral, flavor I believe it's going to disappear with months or years.

To honor the truth also, this cigar came right out of the rolling bench 2 weeks ago, so it could taste a lot better in a month or so after a good humidor acclimation.

Any comments on these?

» Has anyone tried one of the P SD5 yet?

»

» I smoked one yesterday and it looked way too young to me, excessively

» floral, flavor I believe it's going to disappear with months or years.

»

» To honor the truth also, this cigar came right out of the rolling bench 2

» weeks ago, so it could taste a lot better in a month or so after a good

» humidor acclimation.

»

» Any comments on these?

Hi

I made a review for a couple of weeks ago, you find it [link=http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entry.php?id=92360#p92360]here[/link]

but can only agree with you, low flavor profile but I still think they can turn out to be a really good mild cigar

cheers

rob and i tried them in havana at the festival in feb - there should be thoughts somewhere - but as very early days, possibly less relevant now. the three LE's from '08 were served to us in ascending order of stength. cuaba first, then the partagas and finally the monty sublime (be interested if anyone who has tried all three has thoughts on this). if i recall correctly, and don't put big bucks on that, we thought them very good but much more for the long term than for smoking any time soon.