Jack Daniels in a humidor?

Hey all ... recently I met a gentleman at my job, that told me he keeps a shot of Jack Daniels Green label in his humidor because it adds great flavor. Is this true? if so what kind of effect does this leave on the humidor? won't the alcohol ruin the humidor? has anyone ever done this? thanks.

» Don't do it man. You don't infuse Habanos. If you like cigars flavored

» with whiskey, do it in a separate jar so you don't ruin your humidor and

» other cigars.

Oh no, I wasnt planning to do it ... I was just skeptical about his story! I personally think it defeats the purpose of a good cigar .... if it aint broke ...... dont f*** with it.:-D

Miami:

I have done this in the past it is O.K. It nice for a change up, but for that get your self a Huk!

Imortant notice I did not do this with my Cuban's...You must use a light to mid cigar....

The process....

You will need test tube that comes with the cigars...Glass tubes etc.

Leave the cigar inside the tube, poured some JW into the tube...to get it nice and wet....not to much. Some people like to leave it for a full hours...

Dry up the Cigar 100%......it will be rock hard...

Now you put the cigar, cigars into the Infuser Humi.....

Rise the Humi very slow....same process to restore old cigars...

Once you have done this in the Humi you can't use it for other Cigars.

After tis process light it up::::::::::::::::}}}}}}}}}}

The reason poeple do this is to change up....kind of like when you smoke an Acid...Oh yea I don't like acid.....but had one at a pool hall after looking at the Humi @ the pool hall, and not finding anything I liked. Yea you can buy cigars here in Miami even at night clubs from the bathroom keeper.....Strip Clubs, Super Market.........

Also women, and none cigar smokers tend to like these blend.....

» what kind of effect does this leave on the

» humidor? won't the alcohol ruin the humidor?

Seeing as how many use only distilled water for their humidors, I imagine it would have some

effect on the humidor itself.

Perhaps you might ask your co-worker if he drops a cigar in his bottles of whiskey......

Well he was pretty specific about the shot glass in the a 100 Cigar Humidor. The aroma was nice, but I had an Emergency call so I couldn't ask the type of Cigar or how long he kept them in the humidor. I am back to work monday so I will ask him then. thanks for the quick Responses everyone! You guys never fail to amaze me.

» Hey all ... recently I met a gentleman at my job, that told me he keeps a shot of Jack Daniels Green label in his humidor because it adds great flavor.

My good wife once put a whole tray of mangos in my (walkin) humidor / cellar to "stop them getting ripe too quick"

.......we are still talking.....just not to each other :-D .

» Well he was pretty specific about the shot glass in the a 100 Cigar

» Humidor. The aroma was nice, but I had an Emergency call so I couldn't ask

» the type of Cigar or how long he kept them in the humidor. I am back to

» work monday so I will ask him then. thanks for the quick Responses

» everyone! You guys never fail to amaze me.

Well, if you're eager to try something similar, you can pick up a couple of Maker's Mark cigars at your local tobacconist. They're infused with the flavor of Maker's Mark bourbon.

I've tried one, and it was OK for the first 5 minutes or so, then it started to feel a bit cloying to me.

Your mileage may vary . . . but this would be a good way to get a feel for how it impacts the flavor.

» My good wife once put a whole tray of mangos in my (walkin) humidor /

» cellar to "stop them getting ripe too quick"

» .......we are still talking.....just not to each other :-D .

:lol2: ....would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation :lol2: