One beetle hole

» » »sorry, one hole in one cigar!

LOL at Jay...that was my first thought too.

How many cigars are in the Humi?

I would consider freezing the stock if there are a fair amount. How to take care of the actual humi though...I'm not sure.

» I found one beetle whole in my humidor, what you you recommend?:-|

Inspect everything that's in the same humidor. Look at all the cigars, open all the boxes, make sure you know how many damaged cigars you have. Throw damaged cigars away.

Freeze all the cigars, boxes, humidifier, everything that's in the humidor. Best would be, if possible size wise, to freeze the whole humidor.

Double ziploc everything before freezing it!

» »The hole is in the cigar itself, not the humidor and about the size of a pinhead. The location is on the top shelf of a 2 level cabinet which contains about 200 total cigars, 50 of which surround the cigar with the hole in it. I have just triple bagged them in a freezer bag and placed into the freezer.

Further inspection yields no other visible holes in the remaining stock.

Thanks to all for your assistance, have never dealt with this one before. Wish me luck.

yikes, Mike. Sounds like you caught it in time . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll be up there to see you guys in another couple of weeks, and we can burn a few in celebration of your quick action. :-)

Charles

» yikes, Mike. Sounds like you caught it in time . . . I'll keep my fingers

» crossed.

»

» I'll be up there to see you guys in another couple of weeks, and we can

» burn a few in celebration of your quick action. :-)

»

» Charles

Yes, no apparent infestation. I think it had to do with elevated temps/humidity, as you know, we just went through moving things around in this newly renovated house and the humi was one item that got moved.

Looking forward to the visit, I picked up another bottle of HC while fishing in Baja.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Oh no!!!!!

Quick send me your addresss and I will come over and help you ASAP. We will need a good lighter, and something nice to drink.....After a few cigars I know for sure if you have bug's.....JK

This will work if you have a industrial freezer: Double ziploc everything before freezing it!

Questions:

You stated you see a hole in you humi.....? Is this correct...do you have a photo?

Just for the record I have never seen a beetle get in from outside the humi....Check you humi to see if you find this kind of beetles.

image8457.jpg

Did you mean you see holes in your cigars.......? Do you have a photo?

Are the holes big, or small?

Do you keep a mix of cigars in your Humi? Buy Mix I mean cigars from different countries?