Among my first Cuban cigar acquisitions were a couple boxes of PSD4. The first few I tried were great, but then for the next two years or so, every one I smoked was bland, and lifeless and disappointing. So I have steered clear of them since.

I had a couple of hour road trip I had to take last week and I grabbed a baggie of cigars that someone had given me from my humidor. One of them was a PSD4, and it was utterly fantastic. I have no idea of the box code.

Have any of you smoked these from Rob's recent offerings? Do you recommened them as being consistently excellent?

» Have any of you smoked these from Rob's recent offerings? Do you

» recommened them as being consistently excellent?

I have some that have been sitting for just over a week now. They look fantastic, but I'm trying my damnedest to lay off of them for another few. It's been several years since I had a D4, so I'm looking quite forward to it again. I'll make sure to throw up at least a bit of a review as soon as I give in to the temptation. :-D

Until then, I'd love to hear from some others how Rob's current stock is smoking as well.

I'm not where I can check the box code, but I recently acquired a box of these beauties (September). I think they are about 18 months old. Anyway, these truly embody everything the Habano Head desires from a medium bodied, full flavored smoke. I shared one with a friend a couple days ago and I thought I was going to have to use a fire extinguisher on his fingertips; he just couldn't bear to put it down.

I have another friend who recently picked up a couple boxes of these from Rob. He also has nothing but good things to say about the initial tastings.

I don't think you'll be sorry if you decide to go with the current offerings from FOH on this stick.

» » Have any of you smoked these from Rob's recent offerings? Do you

» » recommened them as being consistently excellent?

»

» I have some that have been sitting for just over a week now. They look

» fantastic, but I'm trying my damnedest to lay off of them for another few.

» It's been several years since I had a D4, so I'm looking quite forward to

» it again. I'll make sure to throw up at least a bit of a review as soon as

» I give in to the temptation. :-D

»

» Until then, I'd love to hear from some others how Rob's current stock is

» smoking as well.

I know I have a PUB SEP07 box I received in June. I'll have to see if I can try one. :-P

Van

I have 2 boxes with ROA JUL 06 date from Rob. One in my locker and one in my Aristocrat. I tried one a few months ago and wasn't too flavorful. But tried one again last weekend and is starting to come around nicely. PSD 4's are definately among my top 5. :ok:

I've got 2 boxes from October 06, and they are now starting to come around. Until recently they were bland and forgettable. Now I'm starting to see how great the D4 is.

Maybe they need 2 or more years of rest?