Punch SS#1 Review

Ok, I'll preface with the fact that I suck at writing reviews. :-|

This is a Corona Grande. 42 Ring Gauge. Nov 03 Box

The cigar does not look like much but it smells very good!

I wet the head of the cigar before I clipped it and it tasted a little sweet and did not burn the tongue like a fresh cigar with a lot of nicotine does.

Pre-light draw is perfect!

This cigar is not too strong but not weak at all. You could smoke this morning, noon, or night as long as you did not have a huge meal and a ton of drinks before.

I am smoking this with a little Milagro Silver however I think a better drink pair would be with some Ron Z or Zaya.

The cigar tastes of creamy sweet leather. Really Nice!

A consistent burn and taste all the way through. The cigar tastes great and does not go through any notable changes. It burns a little faster than you would think for a cigar this length. It takes about an hour to smoke but try not to smoke it too fast or it will get hot.

Final thoughts: A wonderful cigar! I give it an 8 out of 10. I think I'll smoke another tomorrow! :-D

I have a cab from OCT 03 and I feel that these show youth believe it or not. I'm gonna try another one around the new year to see if there is any development.

Well done Mike and keep the reviews coming :ok:

ANother vote of confidence for the Punch Super Seleccion No 1. My order of punch cigas (in terms of personal preference and consistency)would go like this:

Punch Super Seleccion No 1

Punch Corona

Punch Petit Punch

Daylight

My order of punch cigas (in terms of personal preference and consistency)would go like this:

Punch Super Seleccion No 1

Punch Corona

Punch Petit Punch

Have you tried an '07 Royal Seleccion No. 11 lately? Well, you might want to revise your list.

aavkk - I do not notice any youthful characteristics or tanic tastes in mine. These are ready to go!

El Presidente- My list would be: SS#2

SS#1

PP

Shrink- I have had only one box of RS#11's in my life and I must say they did not do anything for me at all so I swore them off. This is a shame because maybe I had a box that was not all that great. I should probably try to sample them again.

If someone has a 5er of RS#11's to trade I would be most interested. :-D

My email is mikejotom at yahoo

» My order of punch cigas (in terms of personal preference and

» consistency)would go like this:

»

» Punch Super Seleccion No 1

» Punch Corona

» Punch Petit Punch

»

» Have you tried an '07 Royal Seleccion No. 11 lately? Well, you might want

» to revise your list.

I tried an 07 (can't remember code) less than a month ago and while very good (body, quality tobacco) it had not opened up as yet. It will.

I will revisit :-)

»

» El Presidente- My list would be: SS#2

» SS#1

» PP

»

The only cigar that I've had that's better than the SS#1 is the SS#2 (so graciously gifted by a botl).

Holy chit! That was some cigar. I guess you could say it was like the SS#1 on steroids. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on a cab of those babies.