Do Havana LCDH Master Rollers Select their own Tobacco

Answering some questions that Gino asked recently. Thank you to our Havana friend

PS. I have edited some of the information to protect the source.

Most of the time Master Rollers have to require leaf from Tabacuba which is the one supplying to the factories. Tabacuba has a division called RAMA (LEAF) and the bales are stored in different warehouses along the city. And all the Casas del Habano will be invoiced through Tabacuba as per the amount of the leaf purchased. The involvement of the master roller in this issue is relative. Years ago the role of the roller was a bit significant but not decisive. Now they have to assume what they are sending to them as the best quality material, which in most cases is not, since is a material that will be used for demonstrations and entertainment.

Depending on the personal relationships one would have with the Leaf Division in Tabacuba, you will get better batches of Ligero, and better wrappers, you know that is fundamental for the blend.

The relationship is the key. The better the relationship (intercommunication skills) the master roller has with the Leaf Division of Tabacuba, the better the quality of tobacco he/she receives.

Personally I find Hamlet's cigars to be consistently the finest I have had. What he has rolled in 2008 for me personally is a class above again what he has rolled for me in previous years.

La China, Taboada (retired), Cueto all make sensational cigars.

Up and comers Reynaldo, Rainer (not a LCDH Divan roller), Yasmel.

» Personally I find Hamlet's cigars to be consistently the finest I have had.

» What he has rolled in 2008 for me personally is a class above again what he

» has rolled for me in previous years.

»

» La China, Taboada (retired), Cueto all make sensational cigars.

»

» Up and comers Reynaldo, Rainer (not a LCDH Divan roller), Yasmel.

Grazie Presidente your insider info are always top.

» What he has rolled in 2008 for me personally is a class above again what he

» has rolled for me in previous years.

»

» La China, Taboada (retired), Cueto all make sensational cigars.

»

» Up and comers Reynaldo, Rainer (not a LCDH Divan roller), Yasmel.

I recently had a couple of custom rolls from Yolanda that were out of this world. Perfectly constructed, well balanced, very little tannins, but incredibly strong.

I take it that it is impossible for the avg consumer to identify, let alone specify, who is rolling the cigars and which ones you'd want to purchase? That would be a whole new definition of Limited Edition.

» » Personally I find Hamlet's cigars to be consistently the finest I have

» had.

»

»

» I take it that it is impossible for the avg consumer to identify, let

» alone specify, who is rolling the cigars and which ones you'd want to

» purchase? That would be a whole new definition of Limited Edition.

Always pop into the R&J or Partagas Divan (or the old fort opposite malecon to see Cueto) and speak to the roller. Ask about a custom cigar and no doubt one will be handy. Pay for it. Smoke it that night and make the effort of coming back the next day and say thank you and how much you enjoyed it. Bring a small gift (bottle or Red wine or maybe something from back home). Ask if it is possible for 25 or 50 more. Agree on a day and price.

Be prompt and pay in Euro if possible. Insist on paying a little more than what was agreed upon or/and bring a gift for their children, grandchildren.

Pop in again before you leave if you have the chance to say thank you again and if you are coming back to Havana within 12 months ask if there is anything you can bring back. Exchange contact details and make contact if at all possible via e-mail.