Is It Possible?

I did not attend the Festival this year, but it seems to be the gift humidor given to the guest at the occasion of the Gala Dinner.

And it is absolutely possible to have bundle, aka "masso" of cigars kept in plastic bags or news papers.

That's what they use for transport. No need of ziplocs 'cause the humidity and Temp are ideals there ;)

Guibou

Anyone? Anyone? Is it possible for these guys to be sent all the Regional Releases and LE's and some other rare Habanos straight from Cuba in large plastic bags and not in boxes? I guess I will just ask next time I'm there and hope that their story is better than, "my cousin is a security guard at the factory and at night he sneaks in and steals bundles and sends them to another cousin in Mexico who brings them in to the USA on a submarine into the pier in Santa Monica!"

-Patrick

p.s. The cigars I mentioned with just the festival bands looked amazing. Dark wrapper, perfect construction and oils just dripping off.

Is it possible.....yes.

Is it likely.....No. By likely I mean that all the cigars are legitimate Limited Editions.

You can take out 50 loose singles from Havana. Ths really means you can take out 100. 50 loose singles in checkin and 50 carry on. If you are travelling with say three mates then this is 300 loose cigars.

Limited Editions can readily be purchased at any LCDH Divan. The special release Habanos Festival set (February 2008) would be far more difficult to attain in any volume. This means either:

1. He has impeccible HSA sources (highly unlikely)

2. He is dealing with some of the more "entrepreneurial" LCDH managers (possible if he has a link to Partagas ;-) )

3. He is buying fakes.

» Is it possible.....yes.

»

» Is it likely.....No. By likely I mean that all the cigars are legitimate

» Limited Editions.

»

» You can take out 50 loose singles from Havana. Ths really means you can

» take out 100. 50 loose singles in checkin and 50 carry on. If you are

» travelling with say three mates then this is 300 loose cigars.

»

» Limited Editions can readily be purchased at any LCDH Divan. The special

» release Habanos Festival set (February 2008) would be far more difficult

» to attain in any volume. This means either:

»

» 1. He has impeccible HSA sources (highly unlikely)

» 2. He is dealing with some of the more "entrepreneurial" LCDH managers

» (possible if he has a link to Partagas ;-) )

» 3. He is buying fakes.

Thanks Prez for the info. The festival cigars weren't in sets nor did they have the brand bands on them. He just had the pyramid and 1 other shape, maybe the San Cristobal size in that set, and they just had the festival band on them nothing else and he had, as mentioned earlier, bundles of probably 100 of each size in the plastic bags. I will just ask where he got them and based on his answer probably be able to tell if they are real or fake. I just find it interesting that they have these bundles and its not like they were trying to sell to me they were just showing me. I guess and the end of the day if I spend $50 on 2 of them I will either have complete fakes and wasted $50 or a couple cigars that very few people in the world have. As I said earlier they did look amazing.

-Patrick

» » You can take out 50 loose singles from Havana. Ths really means you can

» » take out 100. 50 loose singles in checkin and 50 carry on. If you are

» » travelling with say three mates then this is 300 loose cigars.

»

» That would be 400 ;-)

Rob was never very good with maths.....he used to be a banker! :-D

Guest Warren

»

» Rob was never very good with maths.....he used to be a banker! :-D

Hey Trevor are you sure that was banker spelt with a B :-D

» » You can take out 50 loose singles from Havana. Ths really means you can

» » take out 100. 50 loose singles in checkin and 50 carry on. If you are

» » travelling with say three mates then this is 300 loose cigars.

»

» That would be 400 ;-)

I subtracted the ones I smoked in Havana :cool:

If what he has is legit, he is probably well connected in the partagas factory or directly with someone in habanos (just guessing).

I was at the factory last week and they were making lots of limitadas, regional editions and stuff for the festival. La China was in a hurry making cigars for some of the dinners at the habanos festival, and so on.

» If what he has is legit, he is probably well connected in the partagas

» factory or directly with someone in habanos (just guessing).

»

» I was at the factory last week and they were making lots of limitadas,

» regional editions and stuff for the festival. La China was in a hurry

» making cigars for some of the dinners at the habanos festival, and so on.

Were they making any cigars with just the festival bands only?

» » If what he has is legit, he is probably well connected in the partagas

» » factory or directly with someone in habanos (just guessing).

» »

» » I was at the factory last week and they were making lots of limitadas,

» » regional editions and stuff for the festival. La China was in a hurry

» » making cigars for some of the dinners at the habanos festival, and so

» on.

»

» Were they making any cigars with just the festival bands only?

WOW, WOW:

There are a few things to consider on and I felt I should enter this thread. The X Festival anniv Case is made up of some of the most emblematic vitolas of renowned brands of the portfolio and intended as a gift for those who has been with us along the past 10 years, so they could appreciate the evolution of the portfolio in some new formats added through this year. As you should know the cigars ordered for this special case came from the standard production from diferents factories as they produce certain brands. You needn´t to substract cigar bands from the factory where the surveillance is higher, the methods might be complicated as they count the bands every morning and afternoon, so they can replace them to the worker only the damaged ones (previously count and inspected) . AS in every story told, there are leaks and subtle paths away from the original, and you must learn to identify them. Why bothering stealing from the factory if just by going to Lithographics you could get almost the same thing. It´s very frustrating to me, knowing that we have people working deep inside in the industry doing things the wrong way, bad for the business, for the product, for the brand name, for the Co, for the credibility and prestige, but...as they say One can not swept the dark off a room by sweeping but by opening the windows.

And my friends, don´t go running after what it seems to be a forgery. Yu will be receiving this case by December as agreed since we want you just to keep the momentum alive. One thing, Cigars won´t be banded with the Festival bands and no logo iron stamped on the cover. Same box, same vitolas but no logos or bands relative to the Festival. One last thing, I love to be online every day but I have more present business to attend to, not being remiss, it´s just I am as overfilled as one La China smoke I had yesterday. EEeew!:-)

» Were they making any cigars with just the festival bands only?

What I saw there at the partagas factory, seemed to be regular production with the festival bands. But you will have to ask a master blender to know 100% sure and didn't have the chance.

They were rolling and labeling regular production also, but the spirit was very Festival oriented in Partagas.

• 1 month later...

I had asked this question yesterday but didn't get any replies so I thought I would make it its own thread. I was at the local shop and with the owner in the back private walk in humidor where they keep their collection. In plastic bags, not ziplock, just clear plastic bags tied shut with a knot on top they had bundles of about 50-100 cigars of each brand. The cigars in the bundles were some of the Regional Releases and LE's. He had some Bolivars, Cuaba Pyramids, RA, and ERdM's. He then pulled out from 2 different plastic bags, a pyramid and what could have been a corona gorda size that just had the "festival" band like the bands below. And what really made me think is that he wasn't even trying to sell me them he was just showing me. Is it possible for this guy to be well connected and receive 1 way or another bundles of the LE's and Regionals and these festival cigars? Anyone ever seen or heard such a thing. I could buy 1 if need be to get you some pics or possibly send it to El Prez for review. Thoughts are appreciated and no, I didn't buy any of them.

image7148.jpg