Pink Floyd\'s Richard Wright Dies of Cancer

The Keyboardist for Pink Floyd that was one of the origional members from the early 60's died of Cancer.

"Rick Wright was the keyboardist and one of the founding members of the psychedelic group Pink Floyd. In 1978, he released his first solo album, Wet Dream. The following year, Floyd's leader Roger Waters fired Wright and re-hired him as a sideman; when the group reformed minus Waters to release 1987's A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Wright was back on board, although he wasn't reinstated as a full-time member until the supporting tour for 1994's The Division Bell. After he had regained his full-time status in Floyd, Wright returned to his solo career, releasing the new age album Broken China in November of 1996."

As a reminder, the 1973 Album "Dark Side of the Moon" was rated in the Topp 100 Albums on Billboard for 741 weeks, that's 14.25 years! No other Album has achieved that mark.

May he R.I.P.

Sad indeed. Last week one of my favorite fighters from the UFC mixed martial arts died. A true free spirited character was Evan Tanner. He died in the desert of California while on a camping trip. Evan learned to be a fighter by locking himself up in his house and watching videos of Gracie jui jitzu for 3 months. Ended up being UFC champion.

Here a tribute on youtube

»

»

» May he R.I.P.

Amen. A true legend but he sure lives on with us fans. You know, I was so proud a little time back when my 13 year old son chose 'great gig in the sky' all by himself from itunes. That's what keeps the flame alight.

What a life Wright must have had, it would have been awesome despite the bad feeling within the band at the end. I bet he has gone to the great gig in the sky.:-)

Pink Floyd was the first band I ever saw live- an outdoor show in 1968. A thunderstorm was brewing & they worked the thunder & lightning into their act. Imagine "A Saucerful Of Secrets" and "Heart of the Sun" with those effects! The rain began just after Floyd finished their set & the show was cancelled, so I missed Procol Harum & The Who- but I caught both within the next year. RIP Rick Wright.

» The Keyboardist for Pink Floyd that was one of the origional members from

» the early 60's died of Cancer.

»

» "Rick Wright was the keyboardist and one of the founding members of the

» psychedelic group Pink Floyd. In 1978, he released his first solo album,

» Wet Dream. The following year, Floyd's leader Roger Waters fired Wright

» and re-hired him as a sideman; when the group reformed minus Waters to

» release 1987's A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Wright was back on board,

» although he wasn't reinstated as a full-time member until the supporting

» tour for 1994's The Division Bell. After he had regained his full-time

» status in Floyd, Wright returned to his solo career, releasing the new age

» album Broken China in November of 1996."

»

» As a reminder, the 1973 Album "Dark Side of the Moon" was rated in the

» Topp 100 Albums on Billboard for 741 weeks, that's 14.25 years! No other

» Album has achieved that mark.

»

» May he R.I.P.

RIP :-(

Hands down 2 of the best concerts I have ever seen(April 88 & August 93)!